chances getting caught p2p progams (1 Viewer)

sladehk

le random
HSC
again depends on what source you got it from

HSC
Demandred said:
How high is bit torrent on the hit list?
Bit Torrent and its subsidiaries (such as TorrentSpy, etc) have been suspended due to court order...theyre under investigation for illegal movie distribution...they can track the torrents to IP addresses too...if uve got unfinished torrents, GET RID OF THEM...

this is at last check by the way...

rabdog

ert
HSC
N/A
In my opinion this is a load of garbage...
I'd say it's impossible to stop people downloading this kind of material, there are too many people from all over the world downloading this stuff.

I have never heard of anyone even remotely getting in trouble for this, I have been doing it for ages, everyone else does, and I don't see how they can get you... they would have to host the copyrighted files and then take your IP and inform your ISP... I don't think my ISP could really give a shit (optusnet), i'd say most of their users use the internet for an illegal purpose one way or another, and all they are after is the market~~

I won't be taking any caution while downloading these files...
I feel it is my right =]

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Yes we'll never get caught. And about these people receiving letters thing, how the fuck would they get your address, and how the hell would they know what files you have without having physical access to your hard-drive(s)? Unless you have some shitty faggety internet provider, I don't see how they could catch you. And even if they did I'm sure you could hide or destroy the evidence before they even get to your door.

And about the halflife thing, those idiots wouldn't have lost all their legal hl based hames if tehy had simply created a new account for their pirated hl2. So they were just stupid haha!

I say download till you drop.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
TheHarlequinMan said:
Bit Torrent and its subsidiaries (such as TorrentSpy, etc) have been suspended due to court order...theyre under investigation for illegal movie distribution...they can track the torrents to IP addresses too...if uve got unfinished torrents, GET RID OF THEM...
By who's court?? If it's american court i don't care..

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
the US cant do anytihng to us in australia and the australian government is not very strict about this issue , so deep downlaoding boys and girls

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
the US cant do anytihng to us in australia and the australian government is not very strict about this issue , so deep downlaoding boys and girls
exactly...
unless you're of middle-eastern (arabic) origin.
"Terrorist!!!! He's using .torrent to download cs source for the taliban..."

sunny

meh.
HSC
HellVeN said:
how the fuck would they get your address, and how the hell would they know what files you have without having physical access to your hard-drive(s)?
On networks like BT, you upload as well as download, by hosting parts of the file, companies that scour the networks for copyrighted files only need to pretend to be other users, run a search for a particular file, download it, which will give away your IP address, and give away the ISP to look for to find you.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
TheHarlequinMan said:

this is at last check by the way...
I think you mean http://www.lokitorrent.com/;).

rabdog said:
I have never heard of anyone even remotely getting in trouble for this, I have been doing it for ages, everyone else does, and I don't see how they can get you... they would have to host the copyrighted files and then take your IP and inform your ISP... I don't think my ISP could really give a shit (optusnet), i'd say most of their users use the internet for an illegal purpose one way or another, and all they are after is the market~~
A few people have been, or are in the process of being sued in America I believe, especially after the closure of LokiTorrent. Someone from Australia was also recently extradited to America for copyright infringement. Some ISPs seem to be passing on the infringement notices and others not. Once the part of the Australian/American Free Trade Agreement concerning Copyright Laws comes in being next year I believe all our copyright laws will come into line with Americas:(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)