Chances of getting a 99+ atar (1 Viewer)

Armon

HSC
So basically im doing compressed did my first year and kinda fucked up cause i didnt have much of goal and barely studied untill term 3. But now i'm interested in dent so i basically need around 99+.

last year i did

Bio - 94
Chem - 87
Math - 85 ( external was 91 but got shafted by my ranking )

this year im doing

Eng adv
Physics
Software design

im pretty confident i can rank 1 in phy and sdd but eng will be kind of annoying cause i havent done it in over a year.

do you guys think if i get 95+ in physics and sdd and B6 in eng i could get a 99 would a 99 be possible or is it a pipe dream cause of chem. ( i forgot to say but math wont count and are there any specific marks i should aim for )
At all possible to resit Chem? thats whats killing

HSC
op marks are pretty grim if we're thinking abt 99+ he's just gonna have to near ace his remaining hsc 🙏🏽🙏🏽 which isn't impossible plz don't be demotivated

HSC
some schools make u do 3 hsc subjects in year 11, 3 hsc subjects in yr 12, aka u do all the year 11 and 12 content in one year
thats so dumb☠
my school did "compression" classes as well but only top ranked students could be in those, students not doing well were dropped to the regular pace classes for their own sake + there was the option to drop out voluntarily

I did 3 hsc subjects early but some of my cohort did 2 or 1, or none, basically there was a choice with it, as there should be

crazy that there are schools forcing the whole cohort to compress that's surely gotta be the perfect way to drop the schools rank and sabotage students

liamkk112

HSC
thats so dumb☠
my school did "compression" classes as well but only top ranked students could be in those, students not doing well were dropped to the regular pace classes for their own sake + there was the option to drop out voluntarily

I did 3 hsc subjects early but some of my cohort did 2 or 1, or none, basically there was a choice with it, as there should be

crazy that there are schools forcing the whole cohort to compress that's surely gotta be the perfect way to drop the schools rank and sabotage students
i think its mostly private schools that do it that way but idrk

personally i never had an option to accelerate although i wouldnt have done it anyway coz i was dumb, although at the school i moved to in yr11 a lot of people accelerated investigating science

carrotsss

HSC
i think its mostly private schools that do it that way but idrk
yeah it’s also a way for schools with small cohorts to offer more subjects, since in one year alone there might only be 2-3 people doing a subject per year whereas if you compress you can have 6 people in the one class and then not offer it on alternating years

HSC
yeah it’s also a way for schools with small cohorts to offer more subjects, since in one year alone there might only be 2-3 people doing a subject per year whereas if you compress you can have 6 people in the one class and then not offer it on alternating years
ye i think this was the main reason they did that

HSC
So basically im doing compressed did my first year and kinda fucked up cause i didnt have much of goal and barely studied untill term 3. But now i'm interested in dent so i basically need around 99+.

last year i did

Bio - 94
Chem - 87
Math - 85 ( external was 91 but got shafted by my ranking )

this year im doing

Eng adv
Physics
Software design

im pretty confident i can rank 1 in phy and sdd but eng will be kind of annoying cause i havent done it in over a year.

do you guys think if i get 95+ in physics and sdd and B6 in eng i could get a 99 would a 99 be possible or is it a pipe dream cause of chem. ( i forgot to say but math wont count and are there any specific marks i should aim for )
unless you hit high 90s on the remaining subjects, not happening. just do what most people do and transfer into your course after 1st year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)