chances of transferring? (1 Viewer)

muhahahahahaha

HSC
I didnt apply to transfer out of uws this year, but i will try transferring for next year. I want to do law/comm at usyd. I currently do this at uws parramatta. My 2010 atar was 85.05 and my gpa for 2011 was 5.25 in both semesters. I have received a distinction mark in all of my commerce subjects.
Chances of being accepted into usyd for 2013?

Dylanamali

HSC
I didnt apply to transfer out of uws this year, but i will try transferring for next year. I want to do law/comm at usyd. I currently do this at uws parramatta. My 2010 atar was 85.05 and my gpa for 2011 was 5.25 in both semesters. I have received a distinction mark in all of my commerce subjects.
Chances of being accepted into usyd for 2013?
Not possible.. in all honesty
Comm/Law at Usyd is one of the most competitive courses.. requirements are a minimum of 97 ATAR - and even with that you'd need a Distinction average.. as they weight GPA/ATAR 50:50.
My only advise, if your goal is to still get into Usyd Comm/Law is to finish off your commerce degree - aiming for a High Distinction average and apply for the Juris Doctor @ USyd - which is the postgraduate law course. But even then it is highly unlikely as it's weighted GPA/ATAR 75:25.. and to be honest, your ATAR is quite low for Usyd law.
I spoke to a student who got into the Juris Doctor and she got an ATAR of 94/95 + D average.. or 1st year transfer, was 98+ atar and a D average.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
But usyd website states that if your attar was not high enough, they generally do not take it into account, they solely look at your uni marks. I called and asked...A 97 atar plus distinction average is the requirement to transfer after first year, I'm asking for he requirement to transfer after second considering that my uni marks will be looked at more than my atar.

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
Best to ask them directly, nothing like getting info straight from the source.

I assumeeeeee you'd need a low HD average..

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Yeah I need to call them up. I'm guessing low HD or a higher mark in the distinction range...I shall call up. Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate.

M3H

B.a.n.n.e.d
HSC
Not possible.. in all honesty
Comm/Law at Usyd is one of the most competitive courses.. requirements are a minimum of 97 ATAR - and even with that you'd need a Distinction average.. as they weight GPA/ATAR 50:50.
My only advise, if your goal is to still get into Usyd Comm/Law is to finish off your commerce degree - aiming for a High Distinction average and apply for the Juris Doctor @ USyd - which is the postgraduate law course. But even then it is highly unlikely as it's weighted GPA/ATAR 75:25.. and to be honest, your ATAR is quite low for Usyd law.
I spoke to a student who got into the Juris Doctor and she got an ATAR of 94/95 + D average.. or 1st year transfer, was 98+ atar and a D average.
HSC: 2011

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)