Changes in the School Student Transport Scheme (1 Viewer)

SeftonIsAHole

HSC
The School Student Transport Scheme is changing.

Effective from Term 1 of 2009, students will be able to apply for School Rail and Bus Passes. The Passes will entitle the holding student to travel on services provided by CityRail, Sydney Buses, Sydney Ferries, Newcastle Buses and Ferries, T-way and private buses.

To obtain a Pass for 2009, students attending infant and primary school will be required to pay $45 per child, with the fee rising to $90 for high school students. However, the total fee cost will be capped at $180 per family, and Commonwealth Health Care Card holders will be exempt from the fees.

Students will be able to nominate two addresses from which they can travel to and from their school, to cater for travel to destinations such as grandparents' house, after school care or for separated parents. Students can only use the Passes on school days, and only via the most direct route.

Pass travel on services is from 6.30am to 7pm. To be eligible for a Pass, students must live:

1. Infants and primary students: 1.6kms radius or 2.3kms walking distance from school;
2. Secondary students: 2kms radius or 2.9kms walking distance from school.

To obtain a school bus pass, ask your child's school who will provide you with the necessary forms. Passes are issued at the beginning of the school year.

Please note that school bus timetable information is not available on the 131500 site. This information should be obtained through your child's school or local bus company.

The Department of Education will be providing more details to school principals for distribution to students and parents in relation to changes to the SSTS prior to the end of Term 4 2008.

benn07

HSC
Thats alright i guess. The two address thing is good, except i just realised my weekly address is only 1km away from the school :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)