Channel 7 is losing it... (1 Viewer)

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
Family Guy isn't on anymore...

What the hell were they thinking!? It was the only decent show on channel 7 i reckon, and now they replaced it with some crappy show called Reba. i'm assuming its crappy because this always happens.

You guys remember Greg the Bunny? That was hilarious. They got rid of it and put it on at 1AM (not on anymore)

It's happening a lot now. Scrubs, Alias(Critically acclaimed, though I've never watched it) and other decent shows - they're all at really late time slots. What a crappy network station.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
WTF!!! They took family guy off :mad: that was my only reason for waking up in the morning ... from this day forward ... our tv does not pick up channel 7 :uhhuh:

persephone

HSC
i am highly annoyed that family guy isn't on anymore cos that was the funniest thing on tv in a long time. i think they realised greg the bunny wasn't suitable for an 11:30am time slot though, much to my dismay. reba's ok... but why is scrubs, arrested development (with portia de rossi, very funny) on so late at night? they're good shows. instead they put hope and faith on. what the hell is that? and channel nine, the west wing....seriously...

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
sad fact about the ratings system i guess. Arrested dev didnt do to well th the US either, won a couple of emmys and its renewed. Scrubs never took of and seven have tried a couple of times but it got lost in the crowd. But hey thats what bittorrent is for :D

seven better not screw with lost!!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
they will probably find some way of screwing with lost ... its channel 7 :D

scrubs never took off cause it was on so late at night ... the only time you could actually watch scrubs and arrested development was if it was too damn hot to sleep so your were forced to watch tv.

oh well ... normal tv shows start coming back on the 10th of jan ... dunno if thats a good thing or not. :confused:

Mike iE

HSC
I'm pretty sure it stopped because they showed all the episodes in the 3rd season

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
*thinks that the title of the thread should have been channel 7 has lost it*

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
'Reba', quite a funny show.
Did you stop to think maybe they have played the last episode for the current Family Guy season, it is obviously Channel 7 is taking the seasonal break.
Nonetheless, it will be back.

I have noticed that Channel 7 is no longer buying a lot of programs to air. For example, I saw a show for 'Sabrina, the teenage witch' on Channel 10. This was once a fairly well rating program on Channel 7 and because of that, the fees for broadcast go up and Channel 7 cuts it from its budget - the station has been spending a lot of money recently, as we know. Afterall, Olympic broadcast rights don't come cheap - far from. And we all know about their new studios and equipment.

I suspect things to pick up for Channel 7 later in the year.

And don't worry, Channel 7 will still regain rights to the next season of Family Guy. For now, Foxtel is worth it these days.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
reba is alright ... watched it a few times ... but i couldn't watch it all the time ... i can't stand the way that they speak.

but january is here and all that is on channel 7 is tennis ... which sux.

and i don't have pay :( and theres nothing to watch on tele :(

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Cape said:
reba is alright ... watched it a few times ... but i couldn't watch it all the time ... i can't stand the way that they speak.
(
Yeah, what's wrong with Reba? It's kind of funny sometimes. Channel 7 is usually at its crappiest in the mornings.

But I'm with you TimeandTide, on the whole channel 7 is pretty crap.

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
i hate reba.. she's yet another music star turning to television so she can torture us through both audio and visual medium's.

Bring back family guy.. i miss Stewie's intelligent wit and the zany cracks from Peter.
I love scrubs.. its a great show, its funny yet has a mellow sensitivity at times.

Channel 7 is losing it... one viewing of their Karaoke Christmas promo ads proved that

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
channel 7 better pick it up, it's absolute crap at the moment

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
main reason for that is that theya re getting ready for tennis

prima_donna

HSC
I use to love Sabrina and I'm so glad it's back on. Aaahh..memories of my childhood.

ZabZu

HSC
persephone said:
i am highly annoyed that family guy isn't on anymore cos that was the funniest thing on tv in a long time. i think they realised greg the bunny wasn't suitable for an 11:30am time slot though, much to my dismay. reba's ok... but why is scrubs, arrested development (with portia de rossi, very funny) on so late at night? they're good shows. instead they put hope and faith on. what the hell is that? and channel nine, the west wing....seriously...
I also dont know why 7 shows these popular shows late at night. They did it when the 3rd season on 24 was on too. It started at 10:30 on a monday night and when i was still in school i had to wake up at 6am the next day.

Personally i reckon 7 is the worst free-to-air channel. Channel 10 and 9 are doing much better regarding rathings. Plus ABC and SBS have more decent shows than channel 7. ABC has rage, the glass house and a range of British comedies. SBS has south park, etc.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
ZabZu said:
I also dont know why 7 shows these popular shows late at night. They did it when the 3rd season on 24 was on too. It started at 10:30 on a monday night and when i was still in school i had to wake up at 6am the next day.

Personally i reckon 7 is the worst free-to-air channel. Channel 10 and 9 are doing much better regarding rathings. Plus ABC and SBS have more decent shows than channel 7. ABC has rage, the glass house and a range of British comedies. SBS has south park, etc.
24 went bad because you have to commit to it as it is a serial. they dont generally do well here. Miss an ep and you're lost. Seven is bad but i barely watch ten now that its swamped with teen dramas that make me sick. seven just slid into 2nd for the whole year ratings wise above ten with SBS bringing up the rear with about 5% market share.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)