• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Channel 7 is losing it... (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Theres pretty much nothing decent to watch on free to air ... but i prefer channel 10 over other stations. But then again ... thats why the internet was invented and why there are video shops and dvd players :p

ZabZu

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
7 was above 10?
Channel 10 has a much smaller target market as it appeals to people aged 12-35 (or something like that) and they were very happy with their ratings.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Who hates the hugging/kissing the TV with channel 7 logo on it in between programs?? I thought the chrismas singing one was bad. OMG!

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
7 was above 10?
with ten being the dumbest network ive seen. they have like 3 million watching idol but what do they do. 50 seconds of credits, adverts, news updates THEN the next show starts. Half of the audence drops out that way. They deserve to be 3rd.

ten target the 16-39 demographic and they're doing well in that because thats their aim.

Survivor39 said:
Who hates the hugging/kissing the TV with channel 7 logo on it in between programs?? I thought the chrismas singing one was bad. OMG!
lol i actually quite like them. Beats the pants off tens 'seriously' crap. You cat help but laugh at it. Its very original and will appeal to that 'kath and kim' audience. I hate that slogan tho.

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
The singing was funny...only because they riped off Love, Actually.

As for Scrubs and Arrested Development, how can you not like them? It's hilarious! Only started watching AD when I was waiting for Scrubs, but love it just as much now!

routemarker

HSC
Cape said:
WTF!!! They took family guy off :mad: that was my only reason for waking up in the morning ... from this day forward ... our tv does not pick up channel 7 :uhhuh:
they got complaints because it was inappropriate for 11.30 viewing during school holidays regardless of teh fact it had warninge before the programme. I think seven have aired all the eps made sofar.

routemarker

HSC
White Rabbit said:
As for Scrubs and Arrested Development, how can you not like them? It's hilarious! Only started watching AD when I was waiting for Scrubs, but love it just as much now!
hey i love scrubs, best sitcom on tv by far. Goota love Cox and JD relationship and the janitor!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
routemarker said:
they got complaints because it was inappropriate for 11.30 viewing during school holidays regardless of teh fact it had warninge before the programme. I think seven have aired all the eps made sofar.
man ... all channel 7 is good for is screwing up timing slots ... and wtf is joe millionaire doing back on!!!

routemarker

HSC
Cape said:
man ... all channel 7 is good for is screwing up timing slots ... and wtf is joe millionaire doing back on!!!
well they bought the show, they gotta put it on sometime... It's funny watching those european bitches tho. Go Linda!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
they should have put it on at like 12pm at night ... they'd probably get a higher audience viewing ... pfft ... it was like crap anyway ... i was just flicking stations and saw it decided to quickly watch it and thought it was crap ... sure it was good the first time ... but wouldn't the contestents know what was going to happen??? or is it a repeat?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
the only time i watch channel seven is if i am channel surfing ... or to watch home and away, passions or the amazing race - when its on. ooh ... i forgot about road wars as well.

majority of the time ... the tv is on 10.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
no it doesn't ... channel 9 has some stuff and sbs has other stuff :rolleyes: and i don't just watch motorsport :)

routemarker

HSC
Cape said:
they should have put it on at like 12pm at night ... they'd probably get a higher audience viewing ... pfft ... it was like crap anyway ... i was just flicking stations and saw it decided to quickly watch it and thought it was crap ... sure it was good the first time ... but wouldn't the contestents know what was going to happen??? or is it a repeat?
i think its all new season2. I suspect they chose overseas ppl because they wouldnt have seen the series.

Theres this clip i got that has bruce macevaney promoting the show during the tennis then turninb to macinroe 'was i convincing enough' he then goes 'sounds great...'

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
i thought that they had already done an overseas one ... maybe i'm getting confused with all the reality tv shows that are out there lerking in the storage carboards of tv stations.

routemarker

HSC
Cape said:
i thought that they had already done an overseas one ... maybe i'm getting confused with all the reality tv shows that are out there lerking in the storage carboards of tv stations.
i think tahts it. The show is ridiculouslly out of date and somthing seven have in tehir programming cupboard from their deal with FOX. Thing is when a network has a deal with a US studio they buy ALL their product. They dont need to buy a show that has had less than a 13 week episode run or incomplete.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
seven does pride itself on being full tennis and that crap and also olympics. 7 only get good ratings every 4 years when the olympics come around - but i still don't watch 7 then.

They are just gearing up towards the crappy summer of tennis :mad:

routemarker

HSC
This is from media watch. Pretty funny stuff.

No trophies for the poor sports commentators who have been made to spruik this summer for upcoming shows like Joe Millionaire. Bruce McAvaney was a bit tentative.

Bruce McAvaney: "Two/Love in the fourth. Just a reminder about this Joe Millionaire program with 20 beautiful women taken to a palace in France to meet one very eligible bachelor who [they] thinks worth 50 million dollars, but he's only worth 19 thousand. So who's in it for love or who's in it for money, looking forward to it. Was I convincing John?"

John McEnroe: "Sounded good, sounded like you were interested."

This development is more fun than it might be because television stations can’t tie down celebrity sports callers like John McEnroe who was free to say what he really thought about Joe Millionaire.

Mcenroe: "Tell 20 girls that you've got 50 million bucks and it turns out you make 19 grand a year, or 18."

McAvaney: "It would certainly test the phrase I love you."

[Laughter]

McEnroe: "How long [does] this show go for though? How long will you have to endure this?

Which must be the question Richie Benaud – great player, distinguished commentator and rookie television critic – is asking himself. It’s just cruel.

Richie Benaud: "Well now, Johnny Smith, sounds a pretty mundane character, but when he's played by Anthony Michael Hall in, The Dead Zone, he's anything but mundane. It's on Monday nights on 9, it's an intriguing psychological drama, it's got plenty of action and romance and a bit of the para-normal as well."

j_davo24

HSC
7's been crap ever since they lost the rights to the AFL. I think they are just running out of money...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)