Chapter One.........(Blank Pages).........The End (1 Viewer)

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
nobody else has that problem

think about it... there have been .. 2784 hours since year twelve started... so if you wrote say, a page an hour, that means that you're already about 3000 pages behind! that's like war and peace 3 times dude

do you know how hard it is to write war and peace!?!

Leon585

HSC
dont mind ssssonicyouth, his gone a bit insane, ever since he started hooking... :|

Huy

HSC
N/A
cleopatra,

It's Christmas, take a break, take a long break. You don't have to hand in the Major Work until August. That's another nine months! (have a baby... :p).

You do need to get a move, but at this stage, you really need to start planning, more so than implementing. By the time your second (assuming your first assessable task had been your proposal) assessment comes along - usually the Viva Voce, you would have been well underway, if not preparing to write your first draft.

Research everything before you start. You don't have to pick up a pen and start writing an epic immediately - take your time, there's plenty of it!

Ideally, you should have your Major Work completed before the Trials (and exam stress kicks in), so I would recommend that you take a short break and stop stressing out over EE2 - it's the festive season! When you start school next year, you'll be thinking about other subjects, and that's fine - but you can, and I don't recommend this, put off EE2 until the last minute (but this is only applicable if you can work well under pressure).

Assuming you are a 'normal' student (I'm not saying you're abnormal ;)), you should be working on your Major Work once a fortnight, at the very minimum. Jot down a few ideas and flick through your Major Work Journal - it'll help you focus. With everything else underway, you'll be able to write.

Don't stress now, you have many months ahead of you to complete first, second or third drafts.

All the best with EE2, :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cleopatra
Okay, its the Xmas hols, ive had a wk or so "rest" and kno i NEED to get started on my 1st draft. But, i dunno where to start!!! It sux. Has neone else had this prob??

-Kate
kate, that was what my 4 unit story looked like for 8 of the 12 months i had it... relax, calm down, the creative juices will flow, you just need inspiration, mine came from researching Auschwitz in History Extension, thus being depressing/insanity theme, and a happ[ier] ending to what i was originally gonna have, in that the main character finds no life meaning, no profound lessons but instead disappears into nothingness symbolising the futility of existence and how humanity has degressed into this stage of live/die and nothing in between, and the lines themselves being melded into a nonexistant blur occupied by this character...

then i found my [now] ex and found things kinda changed, and its a brighter ending ( which i wont disclose in case you want to read it *motions towards showcase thread* ) but yeah im kinda compelled to write a second story to complete it with the current situation i have now...

its just things like that, that really bring about good stories, basically i find that writing with emotion is extremely powerful and doesnt need refinement, because it is mostly spontaneous and the words just seem to splurge forth without much need of refinement enabling a certain rawness creep into it

eep....ok now i know why my teachers told me to cut down my sentences :| ..

HSC
Originally posted by cleopatra
Okay, its the Xmas hols, ive had a wk or so "rest" and kno i NEED to get started on my 1st draft. But, i dunno where to start!!! It sux. Has neone else had this prob??

-Kate
Try having a 5-10 minute brainstorming session. Just sit down and jot down, in short-hand, anything that comes to your mind that relates to the area you chose in your proposal. Mind help you with ideas.

If it's just plain writer's block you are grappling with, the trick is to just start writing. Just write. Anything at all. Something will spring up eventually, it always does.

Serpentia

Originally posted by ssssonicyouth
nobody else has that problem

think about it... there have been .. 2784 hours since year twelve started... so if you wrote say, a page an hour, that means that you're already about 3000 pages behind! that's like war and peace 3 times dude

do you know how hard it is to write war and peace!?!

Ha ha ROFL

that had me laughing so much

I think my family think I've gone crazier

:D :D :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Serpentia
Journal writing makes me feel like I'm doing something!
Originally posted by Huy
You should be working on your Major Work once a fortnight, at the very minimum. Jot down a few ideas and flick through your Major Work Journal - it'll help you focus.
Very true Serpentia, at least you're thinking about your Major Work, and doing something about it - rather than say:

"I'll do it later, it can wait".

Journaling is a great way to get yourself focused on the task, and Major Work. :)

KarmaKitten

HSC
So far I'm not having that trouble. Poetry to me comes quite easily, its just easy to get off track and get into other areas and is it the festive season! meaning its hard to get motivated

just write bits and pieces and work on them later. Sometimes its those bits and pieces that end up being your inspiration

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy
Very true Serpentia, at least you're thinking about your Major Work, and doing something about it - rather than say:

Journaling is a great way to get yourself focused on the task, and Major Work. :)
hehe focus...something i lacked but worked to my advantage :)

Serpentia

Originally posted by Huy

yeah I've got about 55 pages written in my journal, and I know that that isn't much.......... but its heaps more than everyone else in my class. Means I can't whinge that I've done nothing lol

Karma kitten - I'm like you in that regard. I've been writing quite a bit of poetry and it is kinda on track but not entirely.

good advice though :)

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
55 pages is heaps!
i have about 12, i keep assuming that just because i think up an idea everyone knows and understands it and thus does not need to be written in my journal, so it's really gappy i didn't even really say when i was changing ideas or anything and it resorted to me using flowcharts...
btw is anyone elses journal falling apart after one measly term?

Serpentia

fuckfoot (lovely name btw :D) - 55 pages is nothing really, I know someone who has already filled in an entire journal :O. I think that's a lot lol

my journal is getting a little falling apart-ish but I think its surviving lol.....

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
my journal fell apart... so i bought a new one and just put the old stuff in a plastic sleeve

i've done maybe 40 pages of journal work but half of it is "wow. james marsters is hot. i can't believe i get to watch him for CREDIT".

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
55 pages? a whole journal??? 40 pages??

*curls into a corner and cries*

I'm so far behind...ok, ill stat tomorrow...LOL!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hahaha for those who thought that journals are too small...my end product was 36 pages in length, thats including various draft copies of my work, and all research :)

/edit/

oops forgot what i wanted to say:

"Quality over Quantity" ... by all means put in everything you need to supplicate your work, but remember its basically there as evidence of progress, not another major project in itself, thats how i took it...

Save the in depth discussions for later, thats for the Reflection Statement

piratewolf

Apparently the markers, while they of course don't mark the journals, do give some consideration to the volume. A thin journal seems to indicate a certain thinness of thought, and vice-versa. At least, that's what our teacher said.

That having been said, my journal is very thin indeed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)