Cheap formal wear (1 Viewer)

sly fly

HSC
Hello,
A good friend of mine is having her wedding in about a months time and I'm probably giving a speech at the wedding so I need to look really nice. I was wondering if anyone knows of any nice places in Sydney that sell beautiful yet cheap formal dresses. I wanna spend MAX $150 (and that's only if it's reallyyyy nice) coz I really need to save up to go overseas. I hear there are some stores in redfern where you can get really nice dresses for less than $100 but I was told this by my mum so I suspect that the dresses are probably tacky/old fashioned....anyone been to these redfern stores? I also hear that fairfield has cheap dresses....anyone know anything bout that? There's a shop called New look in Auburn which was having a massive everything-half-price sale the other day and I found a gorgeoussss dress for $120 but the only thing was they didn't do layby and i didn't have all the money with me at the time :(. Anywayz, does anyone know where I can get a really nice non-tacky dress or has anyone been to the redfern/fairfield stores and can tell me more about them? Thanks!

sly fly

HSC
^Thanks for the site.......it had some nice cocktail/party dresses, but I'm looking for something more formal. Like for example the one I saw at New Look was a backless halter-neck full length dress with like this tail thing at the back that would drape across a little bit of the floor....it was stunning :(

sly fly

HSC
^Thank's Liza, some of them were quite pretty but not really what I'm after

sly fly

HSC
^Thanks born dancer.....they're not really what I'm looking for though

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Well you don't want to outshine the bride. I'd go for something simple (maybe even a cocktail dress if the invitation doesn't specify black tie dressing). I would say to go back to that New Look place and bring your moneys and buy something.

Calculators

HSC
Anybody know some cheap place for male formal wear? I've got my formal coming up soon and I don't wanna spend a fortune.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
MfemmeS said:
Well I ordered a cocktail dress from this website, and it was under hundred bucks. They have homecoming, cocktail, bridesmaid, prom, formal evening wear dresses. All for real cheap. Heres there link

http://www.camdendrive.com/

and heres the other for cocktail dresses.
Formal Cocktail Dresses
except that's an american site.. not the most awesome time to be buying american stuff given our exchange rate

HalcyonSky

HSC
a mate wore a $10 suit from the salvo's to the formal, you could probably get like a brides dress from there and wear it

Scissors

HSC
HalcyonSky said:
a mate wore a $10 suit from the salvo's to the formal, you could probably get like a brides dress from there and wear it
:chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)