Cheapest Place to get your computer built (1 Viewer)

jazzzod

HSC
Get PC mags, check adds for best prices. Or call local custom shops and get a quote for a set build, then ask if they can beat each others prices, etc.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
My arm is injured t the moment and I don't want to break the fragile computer parts. So how long will it take MSY to build it?

deviousgeek

The Game.
HSC
DIY is the way to go. :p

Buy your parts from mwave, itestate, bbctech or somewhere local that's cheap.

Bad experiences with MSY (*shudders at all the virii and spywhere plastered all over their website*)

bazrah

HSC
Some internet sites such as centrecom will build it for you for around 75 bucks for a standard pc if you buy all your parts from them. Otherwise just shop around at any old pc shop for someone to do it pretty cheap. It shouldn't be more than $150 bucks at the absolute most, but you should be able to find someone to do it for like a 100 or less. I've done a fair bit of buying over the years and if there's one tip I can give it's if you are buying from a site with really really cheap parts then the service is probably gonna be a bit dodgy so just something to think about. Centrecom's prices are pretty cheap and the service isn't too bad although I did receive something faulty once and it took a while to sort it out. If you want the best service and live in Victoria I'd go with PC Maniacs. It's pretty much completely run by a guy named Rex so you don't deal with as many knobs. The prices are the cheapest, but I ordered a motherboard from their once with standard postage. For some reason he thought he'd be a nice bloke and send it by air express which I didn't pay for, I received the motherboard either the next day or the day after can't quite remember either way it's pretty damn impressive. Never ever ever buy parts from just a standard PC store you will be paying a crapload more than you should.

HSC
Uni Grad
Actually... why don't you just get a friend to do it? I'd do it for a friend for free, it only takes like half an hour.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Actually... why don't you just get a friend to do it? I'd do it for a friend for free, it only takes like half an hour.
My only friend that knows how to do it is stuck in loverland with his girlfriend and has lost total contact with the outside world.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
My only friend that knows how to do it is stuck in loverland with his girlfriend and has lost total contact with the outside world.
LOL

still just wait and build it yourself, its fun :D

if not MSY (Auburn) or PCDIY (Auburn) both do it for around $70 and will take around a day, if not CCPU (Auburn I think)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
you feel pretty accomplished once u actually do it urself.

the hardest part would be, imo, configuring the motherboard .. and my personal hate is dealing with the cpu .. because it's so godamn small :(

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
you feel pretty accomplished once u actually do it urself.

the hardest part would be, imo, configuring the motherboard .. and my personal hate is dealing with the cpu .. because it's so godamn small :(
try building an AthlonXP, where if you did it wrong you could break the cpu while installing the heatsink/fan.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
No no no no no!

That's all EASY... parts in most cases go in one way... and as long as you're taking it carefully, there shouldn't be a problem...

Cable managements is the biggest bitch... particularly with multiple HDDs and graphics cards... the power and connection cables are awful...even in a massive case like my Antec900

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)