cheated in a HSC exam??

• Yes!

Votes: 51 11.9%
  • No!

Votes: 378 88.1%

• Total voters

ahvan

Giant Lobster said:
its just the HSC, its not some grand, formal rite of passage here. If you are presented with an advantage, take it. And what pisses me off is that Im sure the people who bs about their high standards and morals would cheat if given the opportunity. Give it up, you say you wont cos u CANT.
As someone else has mentioned, it's a matter of your POV.
I think everyone is just being honest in their opinion here.
It pisses me off to have someone like you to assume ppl don't cheat just coz they don't have the guts. As I said before, I do have the chance, and I do have guts, BUT I DONT CHEAT :vcross:

Does it bug you so much that there ARE ppl out there who don't WANT to cheat??

Sasky

HSC
Hey ppl, are u or do u know anybody who has parents or relatives who work for the BoardOS (or the CSSA/etc) who will know the exam questions? I'm pretty sure someone here should... hmmm. I reckon if my parents or rels worked for the BOS i'd ask them for the questions!

Also, my friend is a computer geek and he goes online every nite searching every search engines for anything put by the exam writers... Is that actually possible?

Rabz_17

No, never done it, never thought bout it. If i don know wat i need to know, i have no right to the marks. It'll just come back at me later when i can't understand shit in Uni.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Sasky said:
Hey ppl, are u or do u know anybody who has parents or relatives who work for the BoardOS (or the CSSA/etc) who will know the exam questions? I'm pretty sure someone here should... hmmm. I reckon if my parents or rels worked for the BOS i'd ask them for the questions!
The actual panel of examiners who sets the exam is quite small. I'm not sure about in NSW but in Vic they have VERY strict procedures in place to ensure that no-one can get access to papers before the exam.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
LOL who watched Home and Away tonight... what a stupid way to cheat... and as if that teacher could have taken Kirsty out of the exam without a supervisor present, he could have been telling her stuff lol!!!!! So stupid.

But I would never cheat. It is morally wrong. What is the point of having marks that you haven't even earned? Where is the satisfaction in that?

boo86

HSC
Monthly cheating

never cheated myself, but my cousin told me how she did once. She pretended to have her monthly's and had to go to the bathroom alot. Well inside every maxi length, super long whatever pad she had were all her notes!
Kinda gross, and sooooo bad for the conscience, but she got like 83 for he UAI or something, and shes pretty happy.
Boo

sayuru

HSC
cheating for exams is like doing drugs, its a victimless crime =)

i agree totally with a_person86, this guy speaks honestly, u lot who talk abt cheating yurselves and its morally wrong. pfft eat my shit. i cheated my ass off in half my exams i dont feel a tiny bit guilty i walked outta the exams with teh same sense of satisfaction as not cheating plus a bit more because i got away with cheating =), im godamn glad i did cheat because i pissed off half the annoyin idiots who studied for the exam and i did almost as well as them in my trials, i cheated in that too. and yes i did not study hard enuff, and if u rkn its unfair to the ppl that did study, since wen was society fair on me? besides, cheating in an exam doesn't make u a criminal like half u sappy ass are saying, go out into the real world n start experiancin it, ppl cheat not because their lazy well some do, but others cheat because they may not hav the same social circumstances as everyone else and need to cheat, eg they may hav family troubles and cant study aswel as anyone else. also i share my answers around pretty much all the guys at my skool do, after all we're only boosting our own mark, even stil id still share my answers with anyone, just to help a mate out, and this karma shit sum of u were sayin, isnt helping sumone out good karma? and the notes in the toilet thing, i was the first guy in my grade to pick up on that way baack a few years ago, now heaps of ppl do it =) the way i see it, hsc isnt fair, its a stupid system, sum of the syllabuses r godamn moronic (ahem English) so i say fuck it, cheat, it leads to nuthin but beating the guy hu studied hard :p. and all u saps talking about how u wud never cheat, pfft my ass u wundt, ppl hu study their arse off r obviously obssessed with doing well, and besidesi jsut want this shit over n done with. hsc means shit. it is shit.

mishka

HSC
N/A
there's no way i could not feel guilty if i had cheated in an exam. if we were allowed notes in an exam, of course i would take the opportunity, but the reality is, we're not. these exams determine people's future, and if you have the gall to come on here and say that you don't even feel a *little* guilty about doing it, i'm sorry, but that just goes to show your lack of morals.

..:MizJay:..

Super Supre Member
HSC
yeh ive heard of girls writing over their stomachs and legs and retrieving it whilst in the bathroom.. good idea! cause the people cant hear paper or anythin they just think ur pullin up ur pants!

jay9nine

lonley plz msg me
there is no such thing as failing anymore...just negative success and i reckonif u cant succesfully pass at least you will succesfully pass failing!!!

finished my last exam today didnt cheat but im not hoping for nething to good
ohhh welll there always TAFE

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Fargh, the examination rules of conduct look good and solid on paper, but it goes down the shitter in practice, making cheating so easy. I'll have to write a letter to those BoStards about that.

Firstly, the rule that talking to other students upon entering the exam room will result in a 0 mark for the course or HSC, is bullshit. Everyone talked on the way in, and at the end of the exam. Heck, I even asked a smart kid behind me for an answer to a 2 mark Math 3u question after the exam. I casually filled it in. If a supervisor asked I'd say I was filling out my centre and student numbers. There are always so many people filling out their center and student numbers at the end of exams no one would realise you're still answering questions. I was sick during that Math3u exam so I needed to scab as many marks as possible. No guilt.

Write notes on tissues, and if you need them, take it out, look at it, then blow. Having notes on one side of a metal/plastic ruler is a potential cheat idea too. Have the clear slide facing up during inspection, and if you need to cheat, flip it over, then over again and draw a straight line on the blank side of the exam paper, so you actually use it and doesn't arouse suspicion.

I held my question paper up during an exam because I had a runny nose, and I got warned of looking suspicous. BoStards...

During the Trials, one can easily write notes on the pencil case, on the inside of calculator cases. Record notes to your mp3 player and play em during the exam.

cloudpkk said:
That flash animation is old. Still funny though.
"Oh my God I love the map, Dust. I can pwn so many noobs on it. Maybe today I'll pwn enough noobs, and raise my rank in the serve, from three to one. heh heh heh."

Last edited:

SandunAAA

HSC
I don't know how anyone can effectively and efficiently cheat in the HSC. Maths?..etc. It is risky and throws you in suspense and slows you down. Besides we have been studying the same thing for the last 3 months, why would anyone take a couple of notes-it will prob. do more harm than good...thats if you are "realatively" smart and hardworking.

berghousemaa

HSC
Cheating

For the HSC, this one one guy with special provisions who writes on a computer has cheated on every test since English !. He knew what type of disc they gave him and for the exams he had a prepared one with a few essays. I don't know how he got away with it but he did.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Isn't that semi- fraud? Hey look, I only got one arm! But I can write a few essay as cheat material in the exam!

crazy_old_jwg

HSC
i wouldnt cheat in a hsc exam purely because i would be so scared fo getting caught and i dont want my friends to hate me for doing it. i'd just feel bad, plus, i figure its my own fault if i dont know enough stuff coz ill admit im lazy.

i do, however, remember cheating in like a year 9 history exam coz we had a really doddery old teacher watching us and she left the room for like 10 mins so we just passed our papers round to make sure we had the same answers...all did pretty well too. cheated heaps in health in like year 7 and 8 too, just coz noone cared about it and it was such crap.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
how's this for stupidity.... i accidentally took my excel gen maths study guide into the exam with me and didn't realise 'til halfway thru the exam!!!

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
If the study guide was in your bag, the supervisors won't care?

Supervisor:
"Has anybody accidently, or on purpose brought in paper with notes on them? Now is the time to hand them in."
Student:
"Yeah, I have 5 English study guides, 7 Maths textbooks covering Year 9 to Year 3 of University, and a history encyclopedia in my bag. You want to see em?"

At my centre, people talked openly in the exam room, and no one got busted and slammed a 0 mark, not even the lebos, which shows just how crap the exam rules are in practice. In theory, woah, so strict. Pft.

star_mountain

HSC
i know of a guy that brouhgt a floppy disc into the special provisions room, for business, just copied and pasted, putting the disc in ands out stealthly, i bet alot of others have done the same thing

rama_v

HSC
sayuru said:
i agree totally with a_person86, this guy speaks honestly, u lot who talk abt cheating yurselves and its morally wrong. pfft eat my shit. i cheated my ass off in half my exams i dont feel a tiny bit guilty i walked outta the exams with teh same sense of satisfaction as not cheating plus a bit more because i got away with cheating =), im godamn glad i did cheat because i pissed off half the annoyin idiots who studied for the exam and i did almost as well as them in my trials, i cheated in that too. and yes i did not study hard enuff, and if u rkn its unfair to the ppl that did study, since wen was society fair on me? besides, cheating in an exam doesn't make u a criminal like half u sappy ass are saying, go out into the real world n start experiancin it, ppl cheat not because their lazy well some do, but others cheat because they may not hav the same social circumstances as everyone else and need to cheat, eg they may hav family troubles and cant study aswel as anyone else. also i share my answers around pretty much all the guys at my skool do, after all we're only boosting our own mark, even stil id still share my answers with anyone, just to help a mate out, and this karma shit sum of u were sayin, isnt helping sumone out good karma? and the notes in the toilet thing, i was the first guy in my grade to pick up on that way baack a few years ago, now heaps of ppl do it =) the way i see it, hsc isnt fair, its a stupid system, sum of the syllabuses r godamn moronic (ahem English) so i say fuck it, cheat, it leads to nuthin but beating the guy hu studied hard :p. and all u saps talking about how u wud never cheat, pfft my ass u wundt, ppl hu study their arse off r obviously obssessed with doing well, and besidesi jsut want this shit over n done with. hsc means shit. it is shit.
There are a number of problems with your argument. you note that society was unfair on you so that gives you the right to cheat. The reason society may seem unfair is because of peopel like you, who do not respect the hard work that others do. you also seem to say that "helping others is good karma" If you know anything about karma and hinduism/buddhism, the only good karma is where you selflessly help others without acepting anything in return. You wont be a good person if you "help" people do wrong thing. Any cooperator to a crime is prosecuted under our society. If the hsc doesnt mean anything, why do it in the first place? why cheat? woudlnt it just be easier to cheat the bank and scam moeny or somethign similar? Also I refuse to accept that you dont feel guilty from cheating. After some time, maybe a few days or a few years form now, everyone that cheats will realise that it gets you nowhere, you will regret it. It wil come one day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)