chem or bio? (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
kaz1 said:
I thought you learn about leaves and dead fish in Biology. That doesn't sound very Mediciney.

LMAO..... No.

ratcher0071 said:
Drop biology, If you want to do med, then bio is a waste

In the first HSC module of Biology, you learn about enzymes, the different systems, blood/organs etc. A friend of mine currently studying Med at UNSW 1st year told me that Biology will be as vital as Chemistry for medicine. But since Chemistry is recommended knowledge, I advise you to keep it. Bridging courses is too much of a hassle.

ratcher0071

HSC
In year 10, I thought Bio would be all like human cells, blood, etc...
Then I found out in year 11, they talk about plants,etc...
No human cells.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
the-derivative said:
That's weird.
How bout in the Year 12 course, does bio have anything human related?
I reckon about 70-80% is human related.

RocKetBoy

HSC
the-derivative said:
Damn... I wish I did Bio... why the hell did I choose Software Design.
LOL! how random =)

to op: definitely drop bio =Oif u ace chem, it will pay off a lot more.

jessiekg14

HSC
im trying to decide the same thing: chem or bio. and i want to do medicine as well. ive decided to drop bio though because one of my teachers said it is much much harder to drop chem and do a bridging course because chem is really hard to pick up in a bridging course. if you dont mind chem, and you're not failing then i think you should stick with chem. you'll be able to use all your bio time to focus on chem more and therefore get better at it.
good luck =)

5233andy

HSC
Chemistry would be bloody awesome if our teacher was replaced. At this moment, the entire class (with some exceptions) is failing - literally. More than half the class have opted to drop the subject before the HSC.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
5233andy said:
Chemistry would be bloody awesome if our teacher was replaced. At this moment, the entire class (with some exceptions) is failing - literally. More than half the class have opted to drop the subject before the HSC.
LOL - heard its the same with the other class. If only our former science coordinator didn't have to leave (found out he didn't leave us for another school) - he was an awesome Chemistry teacher.

But generally - the Chemistry teachers we have now aren't too bad.

jessiekg14

HSC
5233andy said:
by any chance is his name mr clark. haha.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
thanks guys.
yeah, i think im sticking with chem and dropping bio, even tho i love it . i asked careers advisor and she said not even to bother doing med if i dont do chem.

now, to pass hsc with 101 uai and hopefully get in :)

ratcher0071

HSC
xxstef said:
thanks guys.
yeah, i think im sticking with chem and dropping bio, even tho i love it . i asked careers advisor and she said not even to bother doing med if i dont do chem.

now, to pass hsc with 101 uai and hopefully get in :)
Good Luck !! :D

jessiekg14

HSC
the-derivative said:
LOL if you're talking about the same Mr CLark i'm thinking of - he's been long gone. Funny guy - dunno what happened to him. But like he was a TAS teacher.
nooo. our mr clark was a chem teacher - pretty new out of uni....didnt know how to handle a class of year 11 students and treated us like we were in year 7. hmph.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
jessiekg14 said:
nooo. our mr clark was a chem teacher - pretty new out of uni....didnt know how to handle a class of year 11 students and treated us like we were in year 7. hmph.
Oh lol. Our Mr Clark was really old, and also treated us like we were in Year 7
:p

Anyway,

xxstef said:
Anyway personally I disagree with this - I mean you can always do a bridging course - and you should be able to grasp it - I think it's better to do something you'll do good in, maximise your UAI - but I guess your careers advisor would know better than me :p

5233andy

HSC
jessiekg14 said:
by any chance is his name mr clark. haha.

lol wrong person! He's in his middle ages... That's all that I'll say about my teacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)