Chemistry advice! (1 Viewer)

Sushi1998

HSC
Hey guys, I just got my preliminary chemistry mark back and I JUST passed. I worked really hard like I did practise questions books and revised notes but I don't know where I'm going wrong and how to improve.. Plzzz anyone that can advice me on how to improve like any techniques or ways that might work for you.. I'm really worried cause my HSC year is coming up and my prelim mark is killing me. I am really struggling in chemistry and want to improve my marks... So can anyone please advice me.

Any help/advice would be really appreciated.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I would go ask your teacher. With your exam paper, take it to them and actually identify what areas of Science you are struggling with.

Then, for the next two weeks, I'm not sure if you need Year 11 Chemistry for Year 12 Chemistry, but maybe go over the content? Otherwise, maybe start early with some wide reading?

blackbird_14

HSC
Firstly, if you find that you're studying a lot for chemistry, but aren't getting the results and the subject isn't sitting with you nicely, consider dropping it. As my chem teacher said on the first day: "Chemistry is a hard course. Half of you will fail."

You don't need the content for year 12 chemistry but you need to be able to do the calculations and the skills learnt in year 11. Make sure you constantly revise your notes throughout the year, and make dot point summaries (and if you find you're missing or find that you don't have enough information for that dot point, look around for dot point summaries by other people to supplement your own knowledge). Perhaps try making your own questions based off dot points.

But ultimately, past papers are the best, as they test your knowledge, and if you answer something wrong in that past paper should revise that section again.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Consider getting a tutor for some personalised help-if your teacher might not have so much time to help with everything you are struggling with.

Lalam

HSC
N/A
I found with me that with studying really hard in the HSC, a lot of the concepts from prelim that didn't really sit well with me, just sort of clicked and my grades improved.

If you revise constantly and read ahead (Seriously if you can stay one lesson ahead of your class, it will help sooo much), I think you might be okay.

Sushi1998

HSC
I found with me that with studying really hard in the HSC, a lot of the concepts from prelim that didn't really sit well with me, just sort of clicked and my grades improved.

If you revise constantly and read ahead (Seriously if you can stay one lesson ahead of your class, it will help sooo much), I think you might be okay.

Thanks a lot..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)