Chemistry predictions (1 Viewer)

hscrabbit

HSC
Any thoughts on what the 5/6/7 markers would be?
mine are: haber process, radio-isotopes, biopolymers

K

khorne

Any thoughts on what the 5/6/7 markers would be?
mine are: haber process, radio-isotopes, biopolymers
I think there will be a 7 marker on water management, a 3 marker on the manufacture of isotopes, a 4 marker on haber, a 4 marker on ethanol as a fuel, and perhaps a 3 marker on a buffer system in nature or the production and effects of acid rain

jamesfirst

HSC
I think there will be a 7 marker on water management, a 3 marker on the manufacture of isotopes, a 4 marker on haber, a 4 marker on ethanol as a fuel, and perhaps a 3 marker on a buffer system in nature or the production and effects of acid rain
ah hopefully.

1981Grant

HSC
Seconded. I don't think I'd do too well with a biopolymer question
Biopolymer:
Polyhydroxylalkanoates (PHA)
-Created from Alcalingenes Eutrophus
-Its biodegradable property is suitable for its uses in nappies as it makes them disposable without damaging the environment.

Predictions:
-Water treatment 6/7 marker
-Radioisotopes 4
-Esterification experiment 8
-Role of Chemist 5

mathemalia

HSC
I will be nasty and say 8 marks on a whole titration experiment write up with calculations

abc123yoyo

HSC
my teacher said they follow a theme for the science exams so maybe the biology people could give a hint

roryclifford

HSC
I will be nasty and say 8 marks on a whole titration experiment write up with calculations
They did that last year, with standard solution, titration and calculations in the one 8 marker. They most likely wont do the same again, don't quote me on that though hehe

SayWut

HSC
Has anyone done enough HSC papers to know if they put the same 5/6/7/8 markers in consecutive years?

HSC
my teacher said they follow a theme for the science exams so maybe the biology people could give a hint
Biology exam was more so application of skills rather then recalling memorised content this year. If this is the case then there will probably be a lot of calculation questions and scenarios that we have to interpret and explain etc. Things like presenting us with a piece of information that we have to explain using chemistry principles to give reasons why it would give out such a result. In the end it means there will probably be less focus on parts of the syllabus that rely mostly on memorising (eg history of theories on acids) and instead more on understanding of specific concepts.

I reckon there will be a 5 marker involving equilibrium reactions

1981Grant

HSC
I did bio. The test was nothing like previous years, it was all focused on skills. The 7 marker was on an increased understanding of biology and its implications for society, I don't know what the chem equivalent is to that.

HSC
7 marker in industrial chem will be on natural resources dwindling with respect to demand imo

roryclifford

HSC
Yeah i think for shipwrecks 7 marker will be about the two maritime projects orr impact of the work of Davy, Volta etc..

abc123yoyo

HSC
so basically if we get mostly application questions in chem then we are set for physics

HSC
Uni Grad
Biopolymer:
Polyhydroxylalkanoates (PHA)
-Created from Alcalingenes Eutrophus
-Its biodegradable property is suitable for its uses in nappies as it makes them disposable without damaging the environment.

Predictions:
-Water treatment 6/7 marker
-Radioisotopes 4
-Esterification experiment 8
-Role of Chemist 5
Legend. Thank you!

And if what you guys are saying about it being a skills based test is true, then oh my god I am going to dominate this exam, calculations are what I'm best at

asmellyfish

HSC
i recon cause they've fked me in each and every test i've done:
Evaluate & Analyse an increased understanding of chemistry on the environment & society, include balanced equations, appropriate calculations & reference to first hand investigations carried out during your coursework in a concise response. (55 marks)
that wont happen...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)