Chemistry (1 Viewer)

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
how did everyone find the preliminary chemistry paper

lilkatie

I did the independent paper......teh mutilple choice were easy as........but overall i'd say teh paper was hard.....i came out of tehre and went"omg that was so hard for chem"

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
we did the same independent paper but i found it realatively easy, because the paper that most people did just before it was physics and it was really difficult, so yea in comparison this was easy...... so this was prob an alrite test...

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
dangerousdave said:
I thought that physics was much easier then chemistry.
which physics paper did u do, we did one from lyk the academic excellence group and had lyk 30pages...

Skip

Our Chemistry paper was set by the school and our teacher gave us what every question was going to be on to cover up his incompetence (and maybe a bit of ours too :p)
I did the independant physics paper and I found that it wasn't very hard. I studied all calculations and found that the test has **** all calculations and a heap of short answer questions. But it was still OK.

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
i dont know what paper i did. it made me think though. like the questions were not straight foward. i got around 70%

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
Skip said:
Our Chemistry paper was set by the school and our teacher gave us what every question was going to be on to cover up his incompetence (and maybe a bit of ours too :p)
I did the independant physics paper and I found that it wasn't very hard. I studied all calculations and found that the test has **** all calculations and a heap of short answer questions. But it was still OK.

same ( our teacher told us all the questions , well actually the topics of the questions e..g he saud question 1 will be alloys) and i srtill only got in the sevemy %'s

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Skip said:
It has very few calculations because it's HSC Physics course.

HSC
chem paper at my school was kinda of a combination of independent type of questions and school based questions since we haven't done much of the energy section. either way the questions sucked.

capsicum

HSC
Omgosh, i think i failed chem. my exam was just yesterday. i couldn't do the calculations and some of the calculations i had never come across in class! i wish i had studied consistently over the year though. however, it wasn't as hard as i had anticipated and we didn't need to draw any graphs. let's all submit our papers once we get them back on the chem resources forum!! :)

Skip

withoutaface said:
It has very few calculations because it's HSC Physics course.
Yeah, but we did so many calculations in class (some of them hard and complicated eg. 14 resistors in different arrangements) that I thought there would be a few questions in there, but it turned out to be the most basic questions ever.

Skip

Hang on, why the hell am I complaining about having an easy test???? Must be tired.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I'm not positive about the sources for the physics and chem exams I had. I know that chemistry is definately, at least in part, independent.

Did anyone else have a BS chem question to do with hammering substances and whether they are shattered or flattened? It was a tad too subjective.

Our physics theory exam was rather amusing. To compensate for not having taught us any of the cosmic engine they put in a one and a half page extract about the evolution of stars. Way to combine asessment and teaching :p.

BubbleHead

My chem paper was alright but it was much easier than my physics paper. I haven't got my marks back but i think i have done good cause most of the questions were simple and straight forward

taxman

make poverty
HSC
My chemistry paper was tough, but it was do-able. I was worried for ages because I was the last person in the exam hall...but it just turned out nobody else could do it so they gave up. My chem teacher told me I came first in the class, but he wouldn't give me my results, he said the longer you wait the better it tastes...he then walked off and told me to have a nice weekend. On a Thursday.

As far as my physics paper, it was incredibly easy. Because I don't do physics.

Alaranth

My Chem paper was ok. I got 84%... I think, anyway. Equal first. I was pretty pleased, cos I did next to no study. It was wired. I thought it was a harder paper than Bio, but when we got our bio papers back, I only got 78%. That changed though, I'm on 89% now. The stupid marker thought time was not an independant variable. My teacher and a yr12 guy over ruled her, and gave me 7 extra marks!

tabularasa

HSC
Ah my chem is never as good as my physics. BUt i did alright comnparitivley. Oh i love that word comparitivley. Too bad i can't spell it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)