• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Chicks and music (4 Viewers)

artfag

Banned
HSC
absolution* said:
I think its strange that you think listening to those bands seems to be synonymous with "gothic-ness". Tends to more synonymous (at least in the real world) with 14 year old, intellectually deprived ugmo derro's.
arcade fire

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
i find it funny how soem chicks i know listen to NWA , ( a rap group for people who dont know) and they are really sexist and have songs such as "A bitch is a bitch". oh well as long they they remain oblivious to it ill keep laughing. ha ha ha
LoL thatz so cool, NWAz first album waz classic. I'd love to meet chickz who listenz to that type of music. :D

slip

HSC
spiny norman said:
Nirvana, however, was popular.
yes but they were also extremely differnt to 95% of pop music of the time hence they were both pop and alternate. there 1st album (bleach) wasnt particularly popular, so if a band is both alternate and pop how do you classify the band?

the answer is that pop and alternate arent exclusive, a band can be both.

pop and alternative are really styles of music, they are descriptions of where a band fits within the music industry, its just that often people us pop and alternative as a way of describing genre or style.

yes SOAD would be pop, but that doesnt mean they sound anything like kylie minogue, it just means that like kylie they can sell cds.

$a®e

HSC
people should not be judged by their taste in music, and in this case just because people like METAL does not CLASSIFY them as the stereotypical omg they are goth or they are weird.... metalheads are normal people!!

so stop being so judgemental, it shits me how people think they know wat shit is wen really they dont.

on a final note, i love metal..and will never stop because of some of you cynical bastards who dont like it.

metal expresses individuality.....and chimaira rock;)

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
$a®e said:
people should not be judged by their taste in music, and in this case just because people like METAL does not CLASSIFY them as the stereotypical omg they are goth or they are weird.... metalheads are normal people!!

so stop being so judgemental, it shits me how people think they know wat shit is wen really they dont.

on a final note, i love metal..and will never stop because of some of you cynical bastards who dont like it.

metal expresses individuality.....and chimaira rock;)
my point exactly

although perhaps i didnt make it clear enuf for others..

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
only dumb bitches would like that - and obviously they don't listen to what's being sung
Itz so ez to seduce dumb chickz into bed. :D

bekstah

HSC
N/A
my tastes of music has changed like so much over the years, now i love teh metal, and will marry any erm decent looking guy who loves gaming and all my fave bands :X

hmm.
._.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
most girls i know like manson and slipknot, which are incidentally shit.

SOAD would be one of the top sort of nu - metal bands out there, along with coal chamber and Digimortal era Fear Factory

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
goth wasn't mentioned in that post?

oh and its better to address all your replies in one post than spamming it up in several

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
goth wasn't mentioned in that post?

oh and its better to address all your replies in one post than spamming it up in several
How do i do separate quotes from separate ppl, in a single post

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Rhi87 said:
are there any other chicks out there that listen to Marilyn Manson, Pantera, Rammstein etc..what do guys think of girls who like the heavy stuff?
Shit yeah dude, there are heaps of chicks into this music, mostly goths tho

Rhi87 said:
but you also said that greenday is gay...so you have no taste in music anyways!!! ;-)
Greenday is shit, how could you like Heavy shit and like Greenday

withoutaface said:
I know chicks that listen to Maiden, you never know

ShatteredDreams said:
I'm not a fan of SOAD at all but I'd be hardpressed to find any nu metal band that are better. And for each nu metal band that someone does name that is better I bet I can find about 30 that are worse.

Then again I missed the point of that post entirely. Ignore.
Korn, SlipknoT

mr_brightside said:
ne 1 like killswitch engage, static x, fear factory, ?
Yeah there alright bands, especially Fear Factory

ur_inner_child said:
my boyfriend does. (and no, he's not some gothic pierced metal head.. he wears a suit most of the time now :))

mmm_sofay, I'm shocked. How can you say if you like something in particular, you'd have serious psychological problems? if you think marilyn manson is evil angry death music, you have NOT YET hear evil angry death music.

I think a lot of marilyn's stuff is pretty tame compared to what i use to really think his music was. He may LOOK weird to you, but ACTUALLY have a listen.

And being someone who's listened, I don't like his stuff.

And being WITH someone that listens to "metal", my boyfriend's a very optimistic (ie not depressed or suicidal) and no tell-tale sign will tell you what kind of music he listens to.

:)

Anyway, I like jazz :D
Well they arnt really goth bands

LMF^^ said:
LoL thatz so cool, NWAz first album waz classic. I'd love to meet chickz who listenz to that type of music. :D
Yeah i got their Greatest Hits its all right, not as good as i expected

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
pffft who cares altho dating a maiden fan was a pain in my arse cause every time we were in a car together it was a constant struggle

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
glycerine said:
pffft who cares altho dating a maiden fan was a pain in my arse cause every time we were in a car together it was a constant struggle
So are u a maiden fan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)