• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

"Christmas lights should be banned to help reduce carbon emissions" (1 Viewer)

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
solar christmas lights are slowly becoming more common, and LED christmas lights that use less power have been around for several years now.
so i think it'd make more sense to promote 'green power' so that the people can use their lights but not impact on carbon emissions.

I don't think there's any real harm in lights. there's certainly no reason to find them offensive.

MissSarajevo

HSC
I bought a nice set of christmas lights from Kmart and I will switch it on 24/7 until 7th January.

HSC
Awesomeness... said:
WTF you retard
Why?
Annoying waste of time involving the receipt of many useless presents and awkward social interaction with relatives that you barely know.

New Years is way better

Prosper

HSC
Will Shakespear said:
I'm not discussing this, I'm only providing one side of the argument. Christmas lights are fun and bring in the spirit of christmas, heck if there was no christmas lights a lot of people might not even realise it was Christmas!

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
christmas lights are fucking shit and anyone who puts them up is probably a paedophile

chaldoking

HSC
Silver Persian said:
Christmas should be banned. I am writing to my local member in an attempt to make this so.
Goodluck with that - the last time I checked Australia was a democracy. I can sing Christmas carols in the streets, I can put as many Christmas lights as I wish, and celebrate it however I choose to. You can do nothing to stop me. Just because you have a pessimistic outlook on life - doesn't mean we have to share in your winge about the costs of Christmas. If you don't want to buy people presents - you don't have to - nobody is holding you to it. I agree, some people truly are retards. I also propose that all New Years Celebrations come to an end - and that the Harbour fireworks be banned - im speaking for the environment - bahaha.

Last edited:

Annalisee

HSC
Prosper said:
if there was no christmas lights a lot of people might not even realise it was Christmas!
Yeah.........They probably still would hey, you know the religious meaning and shit that has NOTHING to do with energy burning santas in the front yard.

Baggygreen408

HSC
yeh- if u wanna get technical about it, e shouldnt have fireworks on New Years Eve, case what volumes of gas are we putting ino the atmosphere? Good Call Chaldoking. i dont understand that Greens always protest- u see them on the news protesting against the 5% carbon reduction, yet they use corrogated carboard signs (and they disagree with logging lol), and place vinyl composed sand bags in front of ministers offices (way to go for global warming, rofl- using vinyl sand bags)... bahahahaha

Besides, do the Greens want a further cut in carbon emissions? if that happens Australia will spiral into recession, as our Resource and mining industries collapse- they are sustaining usin the economic turmoil internationally....

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
chaldoking said:
Goodluck with that - the last time I checked Australia was a democracy. I can sing Christmas carols in the streets, I can put as many Christmas lights as I wish, and celebrate it however I choose to. You can do nothing to stop me.
You'll stop doing those things when they're banned. We live in a democracy, but that doesn't mean I'm allowed to hose down my driveway, start bonfires on my property in summer without a permit, ride in a car without a seatbelt etc...

You have very few rights to do anything if the government decides to ban it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)