Christmas (2 Viewers)

If I see a nativity scene in the city I...

• Total voters

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Why do i like christmas?
cos its a holiday and we get pressies, and the houses look awesome with all the lights.

why do i hate christmas?
cos omg there is absolutely nothing on tele and everything is about santa. And i dont understand why you celebrate christmas anyway? and this santa bullshit nevery gives me anything.

also i believe if christmas is a holiday, and easter monday then to be equal other religious days should be too, like the chinese new year, islam new year, buddhist dancing nite etc.

cos its unfair to celebrate just one religious holiday after all this is a democracy and the all the people should and must celebrate every single religious day including diwali. would be nice?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
Just like the placing of a Mosque is ignorant of other religions.
psst thats like putting churches, cathedral all over the place....stupid idiot thats a dum comment.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i'm not exactly Christian, per se, but i do believe in God and Jesus and i celebrate Christmas. i don't think there is anything offensive to people of other religions about public celebrations of Christmas. Whether we want to admit it or not, Christianity is still the dominant religion overall in this country. So considering that, there's nothing wrong with celebrating, putting up decorations, etc etc. It doesnt affect people who dont celebrate it in any adverse way, so why should they be offended? If, for example, Islam or Buddhism was to become the dominant religion in Australia, you could expect that the holidays for that religion would get more limelight, and why not? We would have to respect that, just like non Christians/non Christmas celebrating people ought to respect the rights of others to celebrate the season. It kind of annoys me how nowadays there is this overwhelming need to be politically correct about Christmas so as not to offend anybody. How is it offensive? It doesnt hurt anybody. I mean, i wouldnt be offended if there was a huge public celebration of a Jewish or Islamic or Hindu or any other religious festival (sorry, i dont really know any), that's just a bunch of people celebrating a day that is important to them. It doesnt affect me, it's not directed at me, so i let them get on with it. It's silly how you see parents of non- Christian school children getting all pissed because the class made Christmas decorations and their child was left out or whatever. They dont have to participate if that's how they feel, but they dont have to be left out, surely some other activity could be found for them. and just because those children dont celebrate Christmas, it doesnt mean that crap should be put on everyone else for doing so. Basically every religion has the right to celebrate their festivals etc however they want to, and they deserve respect from others. Saying that you're offended by Christmas celebrations is like saying you're offended by glad wrap - a pointless feeling because neither is going to go away anytime soon, and neither ever did anything bad to you. what's the point?
dont get glad wrap involved. you have a point but ur scared to go further.

You are saying its acceptable for christians to celebrate christmas, thats good. do you think it would be acceptable for non-christians to celebrate christmas say two days earlier in public? but its their ritual and we have to respect rite? what i hate is this lame assholes coming up to me and saying do you celebrate christmas? why the fuck do they have ask that, if it has nothing to do them? i just fucken hate asseholes like these who keep coming up asking if i celebrate it? you leave people in peace and everything will be ok. dont expect ppl to celebrate it and dont expect them to celebrate it the same fashion as you do.

for many the 25th of december is an evil day,--when jesus was born and christanity ruined the world. :cool:

phizzy

HSC
i think maybe this season should just be given a generic name because of the many religions/cultures that have celebrations/holidays. i won't name them all because it is infinitely possible that i will get some wrong and insult someone which i try to avoid if i can. oh and fun fact 25th of december wasn't when jesus was really born, or maybe it was, but the catholic church decided to celebrate it on that to coincide with a pagan celebration and convert them to christianity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)