Chylomicrons or Lipoproteins? (1 Viewer)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
If we're asked what form lipids are carried in the blood, should we say chylomicrons or just stick with lipoproteins?

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I would say lipoproteins. There a question in a past HSC paper that asked how lipids were transported throughout the body, and one of the options was proteins.

Just know both I would say.

Alkanes

HSC
Hmm i think last year's question dealt with this, but it was a multiple choice question. From memory one of the options were "lipoprotein"

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok, maybe I'll just write lipoprotein and put chylomicron in brackets :)

Aysce

HSC
Stick with lipoproteins.

Just letting you know there are both high and low-density lipoproteins, Im just saying because I lost a mark for that in my HY and I don't want you to take any chances =)

Alkanes

HSC
Ok, maybe I'll just write lipoprotein and put chylomicron in brackets :)
Lol just put lipo protein. Don't think they'll give you mark for a contradictory answer with the one you put. Not saying "clymomicron" is wrong.

SanjoyM

HSC
Initially, they are lipoproteins, then they are converted to chylomicrons in the lacteals, so chylomicrons

Aysce

HSC
Initially, they are lipoproteins, then they are converted to chylomicrons in the lacteals, so chylomicrons
But they're carried in the blood as lipoproteins before they enter lacteals, hence the answer is lipoproteins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)