CityRail "quiet carriages" (1 Viewer)

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
They should make one carriage a quiet carriage, and have it a set carriage every time (eg 3rd carriage is the default quiet carriage for the entire CityRail system)

This isn't going to work during peak hour, as there are simply too many people, and the level of noise is going to be high anyway.

There should be visible signs in the carriage (and possibly on the platform) showing that they are going to enter a quiet carriage. That should help the people that find themselves there by accident.

halapenyo

HSC
yeah i always sit in the front carriage, and its funny seeing these old people get all angry when someone's phone rings.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
They should make one carriage a quiet carriage, and have it a set carriage every time (eg 3rd carriage is the default quiet carriage for the entire CityRail system)

This isn't going to work during peak hour, as there are simply too many people, and the level of noise is going to be high anyway.

There should be visible signs in the carriage (and possibly on the platform) showing that they are going to enter a quiet carriage. That should help the people that find themselves there by accident.
I find peak hour the quietest to be honest.

How will signs enforce this?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Question: When they say 'third carriage', does that mean third from the front, or third from the back?

If you say '3rd carriage' to me - I think third from the front. But I have a friend who maintains it means third from the back.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Question: When they say 'third carriage', does that mean third from the front, or third from the back?

If you say '3rd carriage' to me - I think third from the front. But I have a friend who maintains it means third from the back.
Third from the front seems intuitive to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)