Class of '08 Roll Call (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Old Patel? The one I used on 05 was Blue and hadn't been updated in quite a few years, IIRC. Is there a new version?

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
The blue one is the new version I mean. The old one is black with a huge bluish square at the centre.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Patel was especially useful for Integration, Polynomials and Complex Numbers - lots and lots of tricks and alternate methods.

Coroneos had an awesome section on Integrals, too - especially the bit where you could test yourself on 100 different types of integrals you might see in the HSC.

nottellingu

HSC
Kujah said:
Terry Lee, Patel's bluish book and Coroneous' one.

Personally, I got Cambridge and Phoenix just to supplement :)

WHOLY CRAP !!! so which 4u book dont u hav lol.
Sticking to the thread im another mx2'er

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Coroneous is somewhere in my cupboard, and somehow, I got my hands on Patel's Excel book :) But textbooks doesn't guarantee success! Effort, determination and practise is the way to go.

nrs1990

HSC
My school's using Cambridge, when they get enough textbooks for all of us. There are a lot of people doing extension 2 this year.

I'm doing Extension 2, even though I did okay in the 2 Unit HSC last year... It just looks like fun.

jet

Banned
HSC
I doing it accelerated this year. SO far its not so hard. Weve done complex numbers and curve sketching, and starting conics next week. THe bad thing is that we still have to do 2 unit assessments until the HSC.

Last edited:

whoo1029384756

HSC
Yeah, i'm doing 4u. It was a bit hard at first, now its actually quite easy. Using Cambridge and Fitz (i think its too easy, learn more from Cambridge)

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
well yeah here I am from rural NSW lol - I am not a "country person" though haha.

Our school is using SK Patel, the blue second edition but we dont have enough for everyone in our class so some people have the first edition. I am sharing my book with a friend at the moment because we are doing curve sketching and the exercises are different

jcurry

HSC
yeh im doing 4unit math
started term behind though so have a lot to catch up with

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
doing 4unit and im stressing so much =(

Sandchairs

Shoopin Da Woop
HSC
yeah im in with u lot....
man this is bad for me... ur all saying "theres heaps of people doing extension II this year" at my school theres 4. me and 3 others
last year there was only 1
im going to suffer so much more mathmatical pain than the rest of you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)