Class of 2010: Eng Ext 2 Roll Call (1 Viewer)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Fair nuff.
Oh and by the way your tumblr is pretty cool. I love tumblr.

Misericorde

HSC
Art & Literature. How it costs money, whether it's worth it, does the heightened humanity of a few justify the exploitation and suffering of many. Mostly texts from around Victorian/Edwardian era, the halcyon days of the British Empire, where most writers were funded by an Empire-derived income.

Critical Essay.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
then why are you posting here, if you are choosing to deliberately dumb down your english ability?
Did you read my post? I'm stoned. For fucks sake. Regardless of how high I am, I'm not dumbing down my 'english ability' (as if using that phrase gives you any credibility when attacking someone's command of language) I'm simply being laissez-faire about my word choice/sentence structure etc.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
oh wow. I believe you when you say you're on drugs - because drug users use capital letters when posting on online forums. or is this another poor attempt at a joke?
Haha, 'drug users'. Oh me oh my. Capital letters are wonderful, high or otherwise.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Art & Literature. How it costs money, whether it's worth it, does the heightened humanity of a few justify the exploitation and suffering of many. Mostly texts from around Victorian/Edwardian era, the halcyon days of the British Empire, where most writers were funded by an Empire-derived income.

Critical Essay.
Would love to hear from you as it goes along... please keep me updated! :uhhuh:

MissGiggles

HSC
Haha, 'drug users'. Oh me oh my. Capital letters are wonderful, high or otherwise.
sikhman is right ashie, just step back a little. since your posts have been mostly an attack of all of our originality and individuality you can't blame people for wanting to protect their ideas. you should know you have to be careful there's no possible way for your statements to be misread too. and it shouldn't really matter to you if our ideas don't work anyway.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
sikhman is right ashie, just step back a little. since your posts have been mostly an attack of all of our originality and individuality you can't blame people for wanting to protect their ideas. you should know you have to be careful there's no possible way for your statements to be misread too. and it shouldn't really matter to you if our ideas don't work anyway.
I wasn't attacking sikhmans idea's, or anyone's for that matter. The only thing I disagreed with was you and your lack of individual thought. Which quite simply is pathetic.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I wasn't attacking sikhmans idea's, or anyone's for that matter. The only thing I disagreed with was you and your lack of individual thought. Which quite simply is pathetic.
Oh Ashie I think you're the kind of person I would get along with quite nicely IRL... We could firebomb the short story/Twihards together! :lol:

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Hi 2010 class.

Don't forget the NSW Writer's Centre:
NSW Writers Centre

It's a fantasstic resource in terms of courses, newsletters and so on.

Check it out and join if you want. But certainly watch out for their Ext2 Courses that come up, usually at the beginning of the year.

Good luck and if you need anyone to read a major work for constructive comments (assuming it's not due the next day), drop me a line.

Lynda

MissGiggles

HSC
that's what i meant. you're setting yourself up as argumentative and disagreeable.

ouch.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
that's what i meant. you're setting yourself up as argumentative and disagreeable.

ouch.
It's the internet. My god. Your previous posts were setting yourself up as a mindless sheep who blindly follows the will of your teacher. Perhaps I was a bit harsh but perhaps you should think for yourself.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
It's the internet. My god. Your previous posts were setting yourself up as a mindless sheep who blindly follows the will of your teacher. Perhaps I was a bit harsh but perhaps you should think for yourself.
Agreed with the basic premise of what Ashie's saying.
You CAN get brilliant marks AND do what you want- it's english, not science or maths. It's subjective- your advanced papers alone will be each marked by four different markers and a head marker, so with lots of different opinions you have a chance to please everyone.

Do what you love or you will end up hating this course.
The course is designed for independant thinking. Do it.
You are marked on your originality, technical skill and ability to write- the former you cannot demonstrate if you just do whatever someone else says.

Get more then one opinion on everything. And a mentor.
Please.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Seriously?
You're making me have a heart attack.

Going to check with the teacher on this one.

MissGiggles

HSC
EVERYONE PLEASE!!!
1) yes i am doing this because i want to write a story
2) i have my own idea i am choosing to write about
3) the whole point of having a mentor is to help polish my major work and flesh out my idea. she is someone i can go to when i feel my idea is stupid or i could use a little inspiration...emotional support. she will tell me things that have worked for other people ect.

harsh? i am not accusing you of being anything, just not considering your statements enough, and then you say i'm pathetic? what you write on here does mean exactly the same thing as talking to someone's face. i repeat: ouch!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Oh yes, I'm doing this course as well - my bad! Forgetting to check in before, how will I ever forgive myself...?

Well, I'm appropriating a story that I absolutely hated - and basically making a satire of it. Thirty beautiful pages of satirical awesomeness, it shall be epic and humourous!

alax dillon

HSC
hey ive started out with stacks of ideas, on my sixth draft now and its a double story of a womans life what would have happened had she not dropped her handbag in the middle of the street. kind of like a parallel/alternate universe type thing. not sure how im going to portray any research through it, because its not really a sci fi thing. this idea has like stuck the most compared to the others, as in im putting more effort in and it seems to have more potential, but im not sure if it will be staying

any feedback from you guys would be great

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
hey ive started out with stacks of ideas, on my sixth draft now and its a double story of a womans life what would have happened had she not dropped her handbag in the middle of the street. kind of like a parallel/alternate universe type thing. not sure how im going to portray any research through it, because its not really a sci fi thing. this idea has like stuck the most compared to the others, as in im putting more effort in and it seems to have more potential, but im not sure if it will be staying

any feedback from you guys would be great
Regardless of that, you need to research and draw comparisons with other works. Your major work will not be successful unless you can convincingly draw in research- it's as simple as that. It was illustrated in my class last year. 2 of us brought in substantial research and did well. The other two just 'wrote a story' and did very poorly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)