• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Class of 2025 (2025 HSC CHAT) (3 Viewers)

banigul@30

HSC
if you don’t mind, do you go anywhere for chem rn?
nah, i quit matrix and now im studying ahead using other people's resources and the textbooks. but im looking into the same thing

slothsaresoslay

HSC
should i go to peak chemistry for year12 if roy fu isn’t my teacher - his classes are full rn. i finished the yr11 syllabus with matrix online but don’t wanna do that for year 12.

my options are zhangs, ace and peak - but i’ve heard zhangs has really unorganised resources/notes but idk how much of a difference this would make if the questions and teachers are good.

thank you 🙏
100% i think you should book a trial class in whatever class is available and see if your teacher is engaging

melanie_o

HSC
I have recently been given an assessment notification for 2u maths. It's an 'investigation-style examination' covering preliminary trigonometry concepts. My teacher says it's an open book, which has caused me to dread the exam because that means that the maths department has an excuse to make it especially tricky! Should I be worried or am I just being irrational? Surely the test couldn't be too hard in the interest in the class not having a dreadful average mark. Furthermore, what topics in trigonometry can render the most difficult/ band 6 questions and how should I prepare to cover any and all possibilities to ensure I get 85% or higher? Thank you. (It's in two weeks).
:)

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
I have recently been given an assessment notification for 2u maths. It's an 'investigation-style examination' covering preliminary trigonometry concepts. My teacher says it's an open book, which has caused me to dread the exam because that means that the maths department has an excuse to make it especially tricky! Should I be worried or am I just being irrational? Surely the test couldn't be too hard in the interest in the class not having a dreadful average mark. Furthermore, what topics in trigonometry can render the most difficult/ band 6 questions and how should I prepare to cover any and all possibilities to ensure I get 85% or higher? Thank you. (It's in two weeks).
no. THey are usually rlly simple. The thing that might fk you over is the actual assignment. Note that this component marks like a b.

slothsaresoslay

HSC
omds same mines a cheat sheet exam and they gave us 4 weeks notice when they normally only give us 2 so im just wondering how hard it could really be, but i think practice more problem solving questions rather than textbook style because if its open book itll most likely be applications of trig on like unseen questions so just do as many past papers as possible to avoid seeing unseen questions for the first time

ajtho777

HSC
Hey all,

For an investigating science depth study, I have to survey society (as many as possible) on the belief that extraterrestrial life exists given the current evidence and the vastness of the universe.

It would mean the most if you could please complete the following survey: https://forms.gle/vB4vjE6q4JPMCbva8 . It only takes 5 minutes tops.

Thanks to everybody in advance!

iloveeggs

HSC
it shouldn't be that bad ngl, but be careful and try to get full marks on your hand in or open book thingy. often the exam ranges from easy to medium difficulty but the assignment is marked very precisely, any little mistakes and they usually tear you to shreds on it. in math exams as long as your general process and answer is right and you use a few shortcuts here and there you'll get the marks but for assignments you don't have that luxury. just be careful and show ALL working. doing this will also help you understand batter and help for your exam.

in terms of concepts hsc trig itself doesnt get too hard so prelim will be okay. key concepts are radians and converting to and from radians and degrees, unit circle, reciprocal identities, pythagorean identities. common question types are solving eq's, proving stuff, applications questions with a bunch of words, and questions where they give you one of the 3 main trig thingies and ask you to find the others (e.g sinx=3/5 , pi>x>pi/2, find exact value of secx and tanx)

good luck!

Last edited:

Scrambled

HSC
We finally got our exam timetable for wk8 and it’s actually so over for me 😭

Exam every day but Thursday, which is both Economics and Engineering :<

Anyone here have YPT or Forest; I need some accountability to lock innn

Susu123

HSC
We finally got our exam timetable for wk8 and it’s actually so over for me 😭

Exam every day but Thursday, which is both Economics and Engineering :<

Anyone here have YPT or Forest; I need some accountability to lock innn
we have a bos ypt group lol, lemme find it

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
ROCK MY WORLD INTO THE SUNLIGHT
MAKE THIS DREAM THE BEST I'VE EVER KNOWN
DIRTY DANCING IN THE MOONLIGHT
TAKE ME DOWN LIKE I'M A DOMINO 🗣🗣🗣🗣🥳

sakinluvo

HSC
Hi Guys can you please fill out my survey for my SGP, it's about Redfern and the urban dynamics that impact it. It's anonymous btw. Thanks.

melanie_o

HSC
Does anyone know any related texts (specifically a poem/short story) that I could use to compare Othello with? Specifically exploring the concept of 'the other' and challenging the dominant discourse of their context. Thank you!
Also. Good luck to everyone doing exams soon, you've got this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)