• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Class of 2025 (2025 HSC CHAT) (4 Viewers)

jilly12

HSC
Has anyone else lost all motivation during prelims? I lost motivation in the MIDDLE of my english exam 😭

After 3 hours of continuous writing I literally was not bothered writing anymore. I wrote 3 pages for the poetry section when the minimum should've been 4. I had time to write, as well as some analysis, but i could not be bothered so I just read over my SAC section in the remaining 15 minutes.

I don't know why but I cannot bring myself to do anything but sleep, and I've been bombing everything. I have SoR tmr can and I cannot be assed to study any further. Is anyone else feeling so burnt out?
I hate that I tried so hard in term 1, now I'm burnt out asf.

v.tex

HSC
Has anyone else lost all motivation during prelims? I lost motivation in the MIDDLE of my english exam 😭

After 3 hours of continuous writing I literally was not bothered writing anymore. I wrote 3 pages for the poetry section when the minimum should've been 4. I had time to write, as well as some analysis, but i could not be bothered so I just read over my SAC section in the remaining 15 minutes.

I don't know why but I cannot bring myself to do anything but sleep, and I've been bombing everything. I have SoR tmr can and I cannot be assed to study any further. Im worried because it's only the first week and I have 5 more exams. Is anyone else feeling so burnt out?
Yes I have

Scrambled

HSC

I don't know why but I cannot bring myself to do anything but sleep, and I've been bombing everything. I have SoR tmr can and I cannot be assed to study any further. Im worried because it's only the first week and I have 5 more exams. Is anyone else feeling so burnt out?
Reallll
Idk these last two terms I've just felt burnt out - doesn't help that my sleep is completely out of wack too because of exams (nah post exam naps go crazy)

fesi2w3

If I don't get a 99+ it's over for everyone
HSC

I'm in the exact same boat, I put my all into my previous assessments for every subject but for prelims I completely gave up TT Thankfully the grade-drop won't be significant (Aside from maybe English, I'm probably dropping to a B) but it's still a disappointing way of ending yr11

But to be fair, yr12 is what really counts, yr11 is the last year we're allowed to burn out at the end so don't beat yourself up too much!

melanie_o

HSC
Okay, so I have my bio prelim tomorrow and I'm cooked af. How do I spend the next 24 hours cooking so I can maximise the amount of content I can memorise? Help a girl out or otherwise I'm finna have to find a man in finance, trust fund, 6'5"

😭😭😭😭😭

fesi2w3

If I don't get a 99+ it's over for everyone
HSC
Okay, so I have my bio prelim tomorrow and I'm cooked af. How do I spend the next 24 hours cooking so I can maximise the amount of content I can memorise? Help a girl out or otherwise I'm finna have to find a man in finance, trust fund, 6'5"

😭😭😭😭😭
Personally I just sit down with the textbook and start taking notes, or I start watching a lot of videos on the topic if I can't digest it through text at that moment

hubin

HSC
Hey Class of 2025'

This is a message mainly for students taking Eco, but I am running a free online webinar for 1 hour on the 24th September from 5:30 - 6:30pm. We'll be going through a potential HSC essay question on international organisations - i'll provide a framework and share things that worked well for me when writing this essay. Happy to stay back a bit and answer any qs you had going into HSC Econ next year - i know its tough but getting advice from people who've experienced the same struggles always helps!

Here's the link to the mandatory form: https://forms.gle/wH7rakxk7sauhHGt9

Good luck for prelims!

spiderfan44

HSC
how is the overall course of sci ext?
you basically do lessons on the theory of science and science practise while writing up a scientific report. i ended up dropping bcuz i couldnt be bothered to wake up at 8 for lessons. its more of a subject you do out of passion and if you want to go into the science field then one thats there to boost your atar. its a pretty good course if youre going into the science field. quite a few people will actually drop it before submission of the report and the hsc exam just so they can learn the concepts without having to do the assessments

spiderfan44

HSC

😭😭😭😭😭
do not stay up late to study or pull an all nighter to study. that will fuck you up for the exam. look over your notes and identify your weak spots

spiderfan44

HSC

are schools making people do 3 hour exams for prelims?? wtf? i think the longest exam i did was 2 hours 30 minutes, and the 30 minutes was from rest breaks and extra time

svad

HSC
are schools making people do 3 hour exams for prelims?? wtf? i think the longest exam i did was 2 hours 30 minutes, and the 30 minutes was from rest breaks and extra time
YOU GET BREAK TIMES? 😭 For us the longest was 3hours and 10 minutes - the 10 minutes was reading time and 3 hours writing time. All together there were 4 sections. Breaks is crazy

spiderfan44

HSC
YOU GET BREAK TIMES? 😭 For us the longest was 3hours and 10 minutes - the 10 minutes was reading time and 3 hours writing time. All together there were 4 sections. Breaks is crazy
i get break times bcuz i have disability provisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)