Clerical Recheck- Chance of Worse Mark?? (1 Viewer)

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
yeh i'm thinking of one for modern...i got 84 overall when it was expected i'd get 91-93...i duno though, i mean i got into my course with flying colours so now i duno if it's really worth it, though yeh, $13.60 is nothing much...

Prosper

HSC
im going to get one for business- thought i would have gotten a band 6 exam mark - not 89.

lollipopxo

HSC
no offense but there is no point, every paper is double marked and if there is a big anomaly in the marking they are triple marked and added and im sure that process is repeated in computer input. so why donate money to the board of studies for a recheck of an already pretty flawless process.

helper

HSC
N/A
lollipopxo said:
no offense but there is no point, every paper is double marked and if there is a big anomaly in the marking they are triple marked and added and im sure that process is repeated in computer input. so why donate money to the board of studies for a recheck of an already pretty flawless process.
Only long mark questions are double marked, eg Essays in History and English. Short answer like all the sciences are check marked. This could means anything from 1 in 4 to 1 in 25 are double marked.
This makes no difference in the clerical check only checks if the recorded marks are the same as on the mark sheets. The BOS will have already check marked any papers where there is a large anomaly between your results and the rest of your school

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
As far as I am aware, not all papers are double marked. For example, Mathematics papers are not doubled marked from my memory. Same for Sciences.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
As far as I am aware, not all papers are double marked. For example, Mathematics papers are not doubled marked from my memory. Same for Sciences.
^ Good point

Zephyrio

HSC
It's not actually remarking the papers though.

It's just making sure all your marks have been added correctly. So it doesn't check the quality of an essay; rather, it checks that the marks you received in that section was actually added onto your total.

@ Simonloo, get your papers rechecked, somewhere. Scab that 0.05!

le-foot

HSC
i got 73/100 for Standard English. I was expecting at least 80+. My teacher was expecting around 85.

Having said that, I still managed to TOP the school with 73. Something feels wrong, my teacher with 20 years experience can't explain it. She says she is as astounded as I am.

I think it's time to get things checked.

dolbinau

HSC
le-foot said:
i got 73/100 for Standard English. I was expecting at least 80+. My teacher was expecting around 85.

Having said that, I still managed to TOP the school with 73. Something feels wrong, my teacher with 20 years experience can't explain it. She says she is as astounded as I am.

I think it's time to get things checked.
It's standard English...

Thats Hot!

HSC
Does anyone actually know somebody that got more marks after going through this recheck process???

Is it common for mistakes to be made when BOS enter our marks or should i not bother with this at all?

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
Perhaps I should do one for physics too. What's the process for it?
yeah definately do that. i too would be extremely disappointed with your 100 UAI

Ajihood

HSC
Question about remarks

I was thinking about getting my Chem paper remarked as i got 89 in HSC lol If i got 90 that would be 10 units then lol

Just wondering if anyone as had it done? Do you think is it worth it? and will it affect my UAI? (Im happy with my UAI but dont want to go through the hassle of chaning it)

Could I get a lower mark?

Thanks

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Re: Question about remarks

Ajihood said:
I was thinking about getting my Chem paper remarked as i got 89 in HSC lol If i got 90 that would be 10 units then lol

Just wondering if anyone as had it done? Do you think is it worth it? and will it affect my UAI? (Im happy with my UAI but dont want to go through the hassle of chaning it)

Could I get a lower mark?

Thanks
It's NOT a remark. It is to be noted that it's rather a "recheck". They just go through the paper and see if the marks are added right/put into computers right.

And I don't know about your second question. I have recently heard that you cannot get a lower mark as a result of this...

Ajihood

HSC

So do you think it would be a good idea to? or not? I know if it was a class test owuld be able to find one mark lol

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Ajihood said:
So do you think it would be a good idea to? or not? I know if it was a class test owuld be able to find one mark lol
Um...that's the question for you. You really need to ask yourself whether it's worth it or not. If you were really confident about the exam but got so much poorer result, I think it may be worth it but if you think have some doubt cast over the exam, no.

fionang8191

HSC
N/A

how do you know that your mark won't go lower... sorry... just gotta be sure.. is there a link to a page or anything...

thanks... (not trying to be rude or anything)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC

nah, ur just hoping, u'd only get marks if they skipped marking a question

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

fionang8191 said:
how do you know that your mark won't go lower... sorry... just gotta be sure.. is there a link to a page or anything...

thanks... (not trying to be rude or anything)
That's okay. Actually I don't know. I heard from a moderator here that they don't mark you lower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)