Clerical recheck? (1 Viewer)

absorber

HSC
Basically, in modern history I was awarded 88. I'm unhappy with this mark. If I requested a clerical recheck, would that involve my paper being remarked, or just a checking of the addition of marks awarded? Is there a way to get your paper itself remarked? Thanks.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Several years back it certainly was possible for your paper to get remarked. You had to pay a certain amount of money for it to be done. A senior marker will go through your paper, and your marks will be adjusted according to what the guy determines as your mark.

Im not sure whether you can do it now though, sorry.

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
i think you can appeal... like in cricket now how they send it to the 3rd ump and he checks it all over and either leaves it or overrules

go to students online nd have a squiz... but as has been said u might get even less

Last edited:

absorber

HSC
I wouldn't be surprised if they could deduct marks. Has anyone ever heard of stories where people have gotten back marks? I'm trying to work out if I really just fucked up (walking out of that exam it sure didn't feel like it) or if there really was harsh marking/bad adding involved

shuttle_bus5

HSC
I wouldn't be surprised if they could deduct marks. Has anyone ever heard of stories where people have gotten back marks? I'm trying to work out if I really just fucked up (walking out of that exam it sure didn't feel like it) or if there really was harsh marking/bad adding involved
Maybe your just shit

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
nahh can't deduct marks. Only gain or stay same.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
not very reputable but my mum rang up today and thats what they said. Its only fair tho like why should BOS get people happier then they should be. Others should also be duly awarded. In the end BOS is at fault xD

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
'A recheck is a method of checking the clerical processing of marks for exam papers, to ensure that all questions attempted have been marked and that the marks awarded have been correctly computed.'

They do not deduct marks. You can only gain.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
I think they should deduct marks if there is an error in the add up.
Otherwise everyone could just re submit there papers and hope to god they get a few extra marks.

absorber

HSC
'A recheck is a method of checking the clerical processing of marks for exam papers, to ensure that all questions attempted have been marked and that the marks awarded have been correctly computed.'

They do not deduct marks. You can only gain.
Thanks. I read that, but was wondering. But does this involve the paper itself being remarked? Is there a way?

chrisnumber1

HSC
Thanks. I read that, but was wondering. But does this involve the paper itself being remarked? Is there a way?
no, they just check the addition of the marks. if they gave u for example 2/4 but it should have received 3/4....you get 2/4. i think its worth it just to be sure. im doin one for chem cos i thought i would get like 96-97 but i got 91. its more for peace of mind than anything else, so just pay the $14, but it will most likely be a waste

ps my dad is has been senior marker for the last 5 years

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

The papers themselves are no longer able to be remarked, from my understanding.

I don't know why but I assume that this is because they have two markers (certainly for all essay based questions) and if there is a discrepancy in marks such as four marks difference between the two markers then they go to a third marker, who is a Senior Marker. The chances of all three getting it wrong is rather slim I imagine so the concept of a remark in essay based subjects is no longer (if it ever way) a possibility. I know that back in the dark ages of the 1970s a remark in Maths was possible because I had one done but that was a looooooooong time ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)