Climate change Silver linning (1 Viewer)

Sentinal

HSC
Climate Change Sliver lining

I have allways wondered can is there a silver linning to climate change.

I mean, its climate change, so why does it always have to be always bad?
apart from the rising seas and stuff could there be any positive outcomes, could parts of Australia that are desserts now become fertile? Could Africa become fertile?

I personally think climate change is highly probable and we have been contributing to it, BUT

is it really that big of a deal, climate change happens very.... slowly and we are after all the most adaptive and species on Earth, i seriously doubt climate change is a threat to the human race as a whole.

besides the climate will change naturally by itself as it has done so in the past.

I think the best thing about climate change as it is forcing us to look for alternatives, which we have to do anyway since fossil fuels are running out and it is increasing energy efficiency!

i think we should act... but no rush though

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I have allways wondered can is there a silver linning to climate change.

I mean, its climate change, so why does it always have to be always bad?
apart from the rising seas and stuff could there be any positive outcomes, could parts of Australia that are desserts now become fertile? Could Africa become fertile?

I personally think climate change is highly probable and we have been contributing to it, BUT

is it really that big of a deal, climate change happens very.... slowly and we are after all the most adaptive and species on Earth, i seriously doubt climate change is a threat to the human race as a whole.

besides the climate will change naturally by itself as it has done so in the past.

I think the best thing about climate change as it is forcing us to look for alternatives, which we have to do anyway since fossil fuels are running out and it is increasing energy efficiency!

i think we should act... but no rush though
- significant declines in our food sources (i.e. fish)
- some areas will become fertile worldwide; most will not
- huge related extinctions

If there's a silver lining, it's not a very shiny one

pman

Banned
HSC
1. my house would be beachfront!...2. It would be warmer so girls would wear less more often....3. More BBQ's....4. You could surf for more of the year.... I apoligise that the website will not let me paragraph.

danal353

HSC
what about the millions of people who would be dislocated because they live sea-level?

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
fuck you are dumb. he is asking what possible silver linings could come about due to climate change ffs

danal353

HSC
fuck you are dumb. he is asking what possible silver linings could come about due to climate change ffs
he's saying it isn't a big deal - I'm saying it is if millions are going to be dislocated. so what's your point?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Well climate change could make parts of the world warmer. And if you live in a cold area of the world, and hate the tempreture, then global warming is your friend.

TommySix

HSC
N/A
No more pommy tourists as their weather improves.

Europe becomes even nicer, less snow in Winter.

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
1. my house would be beachfront!...2. It would be warmer so girls would wear less more often....3. More BBQ's....4. You could surf for more of the year.... I apoligise that the website will not let me paragraph.
get wetsuit and be less of a softcock?

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
You are a very clever person :D

MrMMMan

HSC
Because of Climate Change, the Great Barrier Reef is already deteriorating massively. Not Good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)