Clubs guide (1 Viewer)

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
So, now that we have all been converted to Canberra-ism, where's the best place to go out? I missed out on most of the o-week festivities since I was 17, now that I'm finally 18 I want to go out and celebrate. I keep hearing about Moose (in both good and bad ways).

rumour

HSC
The club just round the corner from moose......past shooters.....I don't remember the name, but they have good music:D!!!

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC

lol ok mooseheads is really really good ignore anything that Ziff says about it. If u get urself a moosecard you get $2 drinks which is good.

Um shooters is okay - apparently its a bit sleezy but it depends how many people u have there with you.
Echo bar not far from that - its pretty crap music wise
In Blue - it was really good actually - nice dance floor good music
Holy Grail - hum i wasn't to impressed with it but apparently its okay

i think that is all we did on our pub crawl

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
gemita: A belated happy bday then. :) A while longer to go for me, fortunately or unfortunately...

Mostly, ppl here at Fenner seem to head for ICBM (I believe they sponsor us or something), or Academy. No idea where they are or what they're like. :p

Meh...if anyone finds a place which does jazz, let me know. I'm not holding my breath, though, and I'm not even bothering to ask about anywhere that does classical music... :(

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
alphatango said:
gemita: A belated happy bday then. :) A while longer to go for me, fortunately or unfortunately...

Mostly, ppl here at Fenner seem to head for ICBM (I believe they sponsor us or something), or Academy. No idea where they are or what they're like. :p

Meh...if anyone finds a place which does jazz, let me know. I'm not holding my breath, though, and I'm not even bothering to ask about anywhere that does classical music... :(
Ballroom dancing hall?:p

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Southpac!!!

$3.50 for two beers. Yay! $5 for two basic spirits! Yay!

Cheaper than ICBM (who sponsor B&G).

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Ziff said:
Southpac!!!

$3.50 for two beers. Yay! $5 for two basic spirits! Yay!

Cheaper than ICBM (who sponsor B&G).
Ahh so we have another man who likes the pac eh? They're under new ownership... so they don't even put metho in their drinks anymore!

Though to be honest, it IS a bit of a dive.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
alphatango said:
Meh...if anyone finds a place which does jazz, let me know. :(
from memory Hippo bar has live jazz every wednesday night, be warned though it is pretty pricey and just a tad more classier than moose (i freaking hate that place- sleazy ADFA and Johns boys grabbing me- actually who am i kidding i love that place when i am in the mood :p) but my fav place to club in canberra is Academy. It is the only club that even closely comes to hinting at a Syd feel, oh how i miss the big city

HSC
hippo does have regular jazz.
king o malleys had jazz every monday as well.

as for classical music, the school of music is always holding concerts that are free for ANU students. not in clubs though.

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
Mmm, I know, but it would be nice to have a bar with decent classical. :p

< begin shameless off-topic plug > Canberra Youth Orchestra will be doing a couple of concerts towards May/June, probably at Wesley Uniting Church in Forrest and a couple of other venues...I'll post info closer to the concert for anyone interested. < end shameless off-topic plug >

Thanks for the pointers though...appreciated. :) I'll remember when I'm dragged out into Civic in a month or so.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
alphatango said:

i thought ICBM sponsored Burgmann?? maybe that was last yr

ps. has anyone got a new college master called Tania Wills or something?? i'm at albies at UNE and we lost our dean to some anu college

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
mcdickpants 2.5 said:
hippo does have regular jazz.
king o malleys had jazz every monday as well.

as for classical music, the school of music is always holding concerts that are free for ANU students. not in clubs though.
There's plenty of jazz etc in the Canberra times. In the Panorama lift out on Saturday.

budj

HSC
Yeah Southpac is awesome. WEnt there on thursday, and aside from getting groped like 20 times, its heaps fun..especially when Eagle rock comes on...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)