Co-op Program Interviews!!! Who received one and for what? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
holla back girl said:
^^^lmao
was that in reference to ishq =p
Haha.. you mean the comment that Baulko people "double dip"? Possibly- but this year I noticed that the ppl who got into Big4 didn't "double dip" as such =P Well not the ones I talk to~

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
oh man, im so nervous now.
Im gonna fuck it up.

i have an interview at 10:30 am and i will be flying from schoolies at 6 am that day. I'm gonna look like an idiot to them with like dirty hair and not shaved. i'll be totally out of it and not even understand them

i've never done an interview... now i have 3, i'll be flying back to schoolies straight after my last one.

hmmm, im gonna make a fool of myself.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
That's really good that you are flying down for the interviews (out of schoolies) =]

Btw as for tips... Hmm... I have only ever been to THREE interviews in my life >_> The first was a group interview (which I made it through), then a one on one (where I answered the stupidest answers and got knocked back), and then a group + individual interview at the firm I wanted most (I'm working here now^^)... So my best piece of advice is just to prepare for it. Practice with friends/family- or even use one of those interview study guides (like with sample Q's and tips for dress)... but in short, don't be rude/disrespectful, shake hands, give 'em a good look in the eyes and a warm smile =] I think it'll be worth your time if you spent an extra hour or so getting ready (get your suit nicely set, do the hair a bit, shave, clean up, ensure no bad odours, etc..)~ after all, there's no point in being the most qualified candidate on Earth if you smell bad, look horrible and are wasted.

Best wishes in your interview though & make sure you are you. Beconfident, but not cocky. Confidence is great, but if you don't know something, there's nothing wrong in asking for clarification. I've heard of people who have asked "What's an auditor do?" in their 2nd round interviews for Big4 Accounting- and this person got the job. So don't worry too much- just be you =] (assuming that you aren't a cocky person!)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Do you the interviewers generally give you their names, in which case would you address them as "sir" or "Mr.../Ms..." or "Bob/Jill"?

Sharpshooter

Random Hobo
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Do you the interviewers generally give you their names, in which case would you address them as "sir" or "Mr.../Ms..." or "Bob/Jill"?
nah all casual, first name basis i.e. Peter/Shane la-de-da. though if they give you a surname i guess you could say Mr/Ms blah. so long as it aint hard to pronounce :p

holla back girl said:
is the interview the only process you go through before they make their decisions...or are there second round interviews?
yep, if youve got an interview just that and the 20/25mins will be over before you know it. a note to those with offers for fins coop interviews, you get interviewed by a panel of about 4-5 ppl as oppose to just 2 ppl (one from School of program and one from a sponsor).

also for prep, make sure you know the program your up for, especially with ones such as finance where you would do honours, also why are you applying to unsw? why that program? its based on your application but dont get caught looking like a glory hunter :p

btw glory hunter = "i want to do medicine, next preference co-op anything, next law, then actuaries, then commerce combined with something" anyways i need to study and interviews will be coming up sooner or later. for anyone going to the acct coop open day shin-dig thingy-me-bob on the... 28th, cya there :) G'Luck all!

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
hey do we need to bring anything to the interview?

report card? awards recieved? :s

sunny

meh.
HSC
You don't have to bring anything, but it can be useful to show them something if they're asking you a related question from something you have in your application that they read about.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Isn't it like a job interview in a way?- so just prepare for it like that~ (ie. dress well, bring a portfolio perhaps?)

Lil Clutch

HSC
co-op interview time swapping- for mining eng

i have a dilemma with the interview time they allocated for me, and yes ive just realised now because uow called up and asked for me to have an interview for their faculty of engineering. so the problem is both interviews are on the 1st Dec, and the uow is at 2pm, the unsw co-op one is at 4:30pm.

and since i live in wollongong, there is no way ill get to unsw in time after the wollongong one is over! soooo, is there ANYONE who has a co-op interview for mining engineering and is happy to swap it with me for some time earlier in the morning (like 9, 10-ish). or...when do the interviews finish? cause maybe even later in the day would also be cool.

thankyou so much to whoever that can help me out.

lum

HSC
well, for those that were interested, i had my actuarial studies interview yesterday, and i asked the ladies how many interviews they were doing that day. 9 interviews,
ie. 7 panels x 9 interviews = 63 interview offers for actuarial studies alone. so the chances of getting an offer is around 1 in 6?

guess jeff's frd's guess of 9000-10000 is completely off, lol

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
There were 41 interviews for Finance and 7 offers are being made.
Does anyone know about ISM?

Btw. how did everyone's interviews go? I got asked a random question in my Finance interview: "How many rolls of toilet paper do you think Australians used last year?" (or something along those lines) - go figure. :p

stryder_au

[ - єsçãpè - ]
HSC
I had my ISM interview yesterday. For those who are interested, and for future co-op applicants this year about 286 interviews were given for the Commerce Programs + BIT.

Sharpshooter

Random Hobo
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Btw. how did everyone's interviews go? I got asked a random question in my Finance interview: "How many rolls of toilet paper do you think Australians used last year?" (or something along those lines) - go figure. :p
apparently they care abt how you go abt estimating it etc as oppose to your answer. heard some guy had a load of those sort of questions for interviews (lol all 7 rounds) for BCG. reasoning behind it being is that if you need to explain a complex problem to a client you can break it down into parts, sort it out and work your way thru it... either that or the sponsors for fins have really changed!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Sharpshooter said:
apparently they care abt how you go abt estimating it etc as oppose to your answer. heard some guy had a load of those sort of questions for interviews (lol all 7 rounds) for BCG. reasoning behind it being is that if you need to explain a complex problem to a client you can break it down into parts, sort it out and work your way thru it... either that or the sponsors for fins have really changed!
Hmm...my reasoning was probably too simple for the question, but there was no way that I was going to delve into all the variables like: how many sheets are in each toilet roll, babies don't use toilet paper --> how many babies are there in Australia? lol - you get the picture. But I just said...suppose the average is 0.25 rolls per week * 52 weeks a year * population of ~20M = 260M :p

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
stryder_au said:
I had my ISM interview yesterday. For those who are interested, and for future co-op applicants this year about 286 interviews were given for the Commerce Programs + BIT.
Did you go to the ISM lecture on Monday? I'm just curious to know how many interviews were conducted in ISM alone.

PiGMAN

HSC
rofl @ BIT, 16 interviews, 15 scholarships hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

no1 likes BIT

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
PiGMAN said:
rofl @ BIT, 16 interviews, 15 scholarships hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

no1 likes BIT
lol...I was deciding between BIT and ISM for my 3rd pref but I went for ISM. What's the point of the interview for BIT? I would hate to be that 1 person who doesn't get one.

PiGMAN

HSC
lol yeah i reckon :p theres no shame in missing out on engo as the statistical chances pre-interview were like 1/8 as opposed to the 15/16 chance :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)