Co-op Program Interviews!!! Who received one and for what? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't get a Co-op offer (I never applied); I can't remember where I said I got an offer in this topic but if I did, I was referring to accounting cadetships- Sorry for the confusion.

stryder_au

[ - єsçãpè - ]
HSC
gotta correct you on that joycelai87! the BIT co op program is a science degree, not a commerce degree. so he's definitely in with a UAI of 94.

_Mave_

HSC
I might as well add that I got one :)

I really didn't think I was going to get one, the first time I checked the co-op website it said unfortuantly you were not..... then after a while I got a email saying enter your UAI details, when I went back to the website it had changed to say I got shortlisted.. maybe I checked it to soon.

Anyway I did not apply for a co-op program rather I applied for a rural scholarship and got a leighton holdings one, now I just need to search for accomadation.....

Goodluck to everyone else (though the lady I talked to said I was one of the last to accept her offer, I was away and only got the message 2days later...)

lilkatie

After much pondering I accepted a coop schoalrship yewl!
re the can u get in with 94, it was my understanding that to be a coop scholar you had to get a UAI of 95.something...but this may only be for enginerring meh

HSC
N/A
^^^ yes, that was what i thought too.
the info booklet mentioned that you had to get a uai of >95.7 to get into engineering/science/commerce but he only got 94.
That is why i don't think he'll make it.

stryder_au

[ - єsçãpè - ]
HSC
guys guys guys!
to be eligible for the co-op scholarship, all you need to be able to do is make it into the required course.

for example, if you wanted to get a Commerce scholarship, you'd have to be given an offer PLUS achieve the required uai to get into the commerce course at UNSW, that is for 2005, 95.

To get into BIT, you need a high enough UAI to get into Science (Info Sys or BIT) at unsw, which in 2005, was 90 on the dot.

HSC
Actually one of the requirements is to get above 95.7, my friend rang up and told them his UAI, which was 95.65 and they said since it was so close they would consider him, but he rejected the offer anyway.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
underthebridge said:
Actually one of the requirements is to get above 95.7, my friend rang up and told them his UAI, which was 95.65 and they said since it was so close they would consider him, but he rejected the offer anyway.
depends, thats not true...

not all the co-op courses require 95.7.
the strict ones are commerce and actuaries.

If you already got an offer based on your interview and you got 93.8 they would not take it away (unless the course has a higher uai cutoff than your uai - then the UAC computer wont accept you so you arn't going to get accepted)

milkyways

HSC
Yes, not all the Co-op courses require UAIs higher than or equal to 95.7.
I think its just the commerce degree (esp Accounting, Finance and Actuarial Studies) that are really strict with that. But with that said, I also have friends doing the commerce Co-op with Uais ranging from 95.00 to 98s.

I am doing the Actuarial Studies Co-op with a 98.00

HSC
Hey milkyways I'm doing the actuarial co-op as well, have you heard anything from the co-op office since you got accepted into unsw? I can't yet get to the scholar's agreement and have not heard anything from the co-op office.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
But then.. the cutoffs went down this year, does that mean that they will accept people with lower UAIs?

milkyways

HSC
underthebridge said:
Hey milkyways I'm doing the actuarial co-op as well, have you heard anything from the co-op office since you got accepted into unsw? I can't yet get to the scholar's agreement and have not heard anything from the co-op office.
Yes, I got an email from the Co-op office. I found it in the junk mail, so have a look in there. We are invited to a Co-op morning tea on 22nd of this month. This is also the last date to hand in your agreement. So I think you should contact the Co-op office soon.

milkyways

HSC
seremify007 said:
But then.. the cutoffs went down this year, does that mean that they will accept people with lower UAIs?
I don't think so, at least with the commerce degrees anyways. The minimum that I have heard of is a 95 (rather than the cut-off of 93 for commerce). The girl was on the boarderline, but she did really well in the interview, so she just got in.

Sharpshooter

Random Hobo
HSC
what program for? i dont think itd be something like finance where they tend to go after high UAIs (since they need a D avg). id believe accounting, demand was down for coop this year

milkyways

HSC
Sharpshooter said:
what program for? i dont think itd be something like finance where they tend to go after high UAIs (since they need a D avg). id believe accounting, demand was down for coop this year
Yes, she got in for accounting.

sunny

meh.
HSC
No we're all in the same year, and we're all on IT right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)