Coles Myer Employment Process (1 Viewer)

L

littlewing69

WouldbeDoctor said:
Right, and where did you apply for and got the job in? Damn I wish I got an interview like that.

I got an interview within a week :p

T

Testpilot

WouldbeDoctor said:
Right, and where did you apply for and got the job in? Damn I wish I got an interview like that.
I applied for a general in-store position (i.e. everything) at their website (the blue box). However I'm assuming that you meant which suburb...I don't want to give it away, but its in the shire. Once i had applied for the general position they then sent me all the jobs for the local area. Oh and I had an interview...I haven't got the job (yet).

littlewing69 said:
Well, I did my first shift last night at Target. It was pretty good, a lot more physical than I anticipated, which was even better. Working till midnight kills me, though .

Newbie question: How much, if any, overtime, does a casual get working that late?
I have a friend who does night fill at Big W-I don't think there'll be much difference between Coles Myer and Woolworths Ltd. He gets the normal rate until close (I think about $10) then he gets time and a half until mid-night ($15) then double time after midnight ($20). I'm going by what he has told me-could be different in reality though.

Last edited by a moderator:

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
Testpilot said:
I applied for a general in-store position (i.e. everything) at their website (the blue box). However I'm assuming that you meant which suburb...I don't want to give it away, but its in the shire. Once i had applied for the general position they then sent me all the jobs for the local area. Oh and I had an interview...I haven't got the job (yet).
Yes, suburb, I am from the shire....

L

littlewing69

WouldbeDoctor said:
I'm sorry, but my question was where? And it wasn't to you....

No shit. I was just pointing out that there's a big range in how long the process can take.

L

littlewing69

Testpilot said:
I have a friend who does night fill at Big W-I don't think there'll be much difference between Coles Myer and Woolworths Ltd. He gets the normal rate until close (I think about $10) then he gets time and a half until mid-night ($15) then double time after midnight ($20). I'm going by what he has told me-could be different in reality though.
Hope that's similar to Target.

WouldbeDoctor said:
Then don't reply if you knew....
Welcome to the interwebs. You want a one-on-one conversation, use the PMs.

karoooh

HSC
Testpilot said:
I just had an in store interview. I never had the group interview. They didn't ask me anything they just read my resumé, gave me a job description and read out the 'privacy act' as they described it- it was actually the company's privacy policy. It felt more like I'd entered a lottery than applied for a job.

Is this a common experience?
Is it safe to say that's what they'd ask me too? I'm getting a store interview - Without having gone through the gorup interview, for Coles.

Oh, and another matter - Is it ok if I just wear black, round or pointy flats instead of heels?

Zozo6969

HSC
If u apply for "Expressions of interest in part time and casual....." whatever it is, u go 2 a group interview. if successful at that, then u will be in their talent pool, so whenever they need some employees (for any coles group store eg coles target kmart...) they will ring u up and u will get interviewed by the store manager.

however, if u apply for a specific job eg. dairy nightfill at mona vale, u will go straight to the store to have an interview, bypassing the groupie thingy.

i did both, went to the group interview, got accepted into the pool, but got fed up with the time it took them to allocate me to a store, so i applied for a specific job at a coles store. dont be too fussed on the title of the job but, coz i applied for part-time nightfill and when i got the job at the store, i was casual cashier. also, the stores will usually allow a few people to switch between being casual and part time and all that shit.

rantman

HSC
N/A
What are the differences between being a casual or part-time worker in terms of hours/rostering/benefits etc, besides not getting the 20% loading for being part-time?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Casual..no guarentee of hours (one week you can do 3 hours, the next 38), no holiday pay, no sick pay, you're at their beck and call

PPT/FT.. set hours- you can plan your life, sick pay, holiday pay, various other forms of pay, although lower hourly rate. Oh, plus 2 staff discount cards (one for you, one for family, to stop your mum constantly swiping yours when you need it). I think the minimum contract is 12 hours per week, upto 40.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
WouldbeDoctor said:
So anyone got the job??
man they email me for an interview after 2 years. ugh colesmyers r so fucked up with the employment process, especially since this internet application thing. never ever ever applying to them again, i decided to not show up at the interview too lol. the point of this is if you want a fast job, don't even depend on em.

Last edited:

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
sparkl3z said:
man they email me for an interview after 2 years. ugh colesmyers r so fucked up with the employment process, especially since this internet application thing. never ever ever applying to them again, i decided to not show up at the interview too lol. the point of this is if you want a fast job, don't even depend on em.
Yeah, I got a job myself by handing personally handing in my resume. The process is long even though I had someone in my family help me work where she is superviser... In short FUCK COLES MYER LTD. From now I am shopping at woleworthes. :) You fucks arn't getting another cent off me.

fein

HSC
N/A
Im working at coles but thinking of quiting. Is it necessary to give notice and how for how long 1 or 2 weeks?

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
sparkl3z said:
I know what that's like. I applied about a year ago, went to a couple of group interviews and recieved about 10 generic you-made-it-through-and-when-we-match-you-with-a-job-we'll-let-you-know emails. None of them ever told me for sure whether I had a job or not, or whether I was even close to getting one.

I'm not job hunting anymore but I've kept my ColesMyer account, just to see if they'll ever send me anything useful.

Scanorama

HSC
Got an email from Coles the other day asking me to take some new online assessment, is it the new OH&S thingy? It said I have 7 days to complete it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)