Coles Myer Group Interviews (1 Viewer)

dodgyfilokid

HSC
karoooh said:
Yep, at Bondi!

I just have a problem with the white shirt. I don't really have one, except a couple with faint black stripes... :/ If I can't find anything, I'll just wear it.
yay lol wen r u comin in for d interview..you might glance me within the nxt 2-3 weeks since i mayb workin weekdays and definitely weekends...are you workin in the front or on the floor?

karoooh

HSC
I have the interview at 2. I have no idea where I'm working... I just remember saying I didn't really have a problem working anywhere and that I don't have a problem lifting things... All of which, I'm sure, were mandatory questions during the interview! :p

Where're you working?

dodgyfilokid

HSC
karoooh said:
I have the interview at 2. I have no idea where I'm working... I just remember saying I didn't really have a problem working anywhere and that I don't have a problem lifting things... All of which, I'm sure, were mandatory questions during the interview! :p

Where're you working?
ill be at the front...when is your interview? if its this week i aint there tomorrow..im there friday to sunday..nxt week i aint sure yet of my shifts

karoooh

HSC
Mightn't run into you soon then! It's tomorrow. I called up earlier and they said that we'd get bout 5 mins behind registers before they send us home.

dodgyfilokid

HSC
did you hand it your resume on the weekend? im tryin to figure out if i have seen u before or not?? i was gunna try and pass by tomorrow but im out :(...dw once u get more shifts ill train ya

karoooh

HSC
Nah, I sent an online application when they were advertising for Bondi and I got called in for an interview last Wednesday!

dodgyfilokid

HSC
awesome...well good luck for tomorrow..its toy sale therefore it would be insane..ive worked the thursday shift before on the first day of toy sale and it was a madhouse...i ended up bein d front end manager for round 4 hours (6am to 10am..maybe round 11ish..6am coz i started in to bag in the registers)....i think tim or jackie or another part time person will help u..u will be in good hands..they wont teach u all the 'secondary' things just yet like how to process cheques or credit card payments but they aint that hard..you just have to remember few code combinations, your sign in id and your password

CieL

HSC
karoooh said:
I just have a problem with the white shirt. I don't really have one, except a couple with faint black stripes... :/ If I can't find anything, I'll just wear it.
Go to Cabra, Contempo.

Best fitting white 3/4 shirts there. For like.. $30 or $40 I forget..

karoooh

HSC
Thanks for that!

Except I have the induction tomorrow. :( I'll make sure to check them out though!

CieL

HSC
Wait.. eastern suburbs.. I must have you mixed up with someone else..

I said cabra for convenience. lol. i swear some girl usually on this forum lives there.

HSC
hey, im starting my induction tomorrow for coles at sylvania, theres a new store opening up on hurstville, i have no idea about which posistion i will be doing, or anything of the sort, and i was reading past posts -> whats induction pay?

is there anybody else who will be with me tomorrow? :)

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
They finally emailed me today to hire me, but most of the induction training sessions were last week at my store.... wth?? And they said they will send a code for me to register for an induction session, but i'm starting to panic because the final induction is thursday next week. :confused:

CieL

HSC
JellyfisH45 said:
whats induction pay?
Pretty much an hourly rate which is around $2-3 lower than your normal hourly rate in which you sit there in a little group.. and watch videos, fill in random forms, and learn about safety practices..

HSC
hey! thanks ! what is the hourly rate as a sale assistant in coles?

i went to induction today, and heard that the rate doesnt change if ur 15 or 30?

im going to be 18 by the time i start working? what is the pay rate for me, if im working lets say in bakery or deli on a casual basis for the holidays?

CieL

HSC
JellyfisH45 said:
hey! thanks ! what is the hourly rate as a sale assistant in coles?

i went to induction today, and heard that the rate doesnt change if ur 15 or 30?

im going to be 18 by the time i start working? what is the pay rate for me, if im working lets say in bakery or deli on a casual basis for the holidays?
Uh lies..

Pay goes up approx $2 up until you're like 20 or 21, I haven't hit that age yet so I'm not sure..

Age 18 should be paid around $13.xx/hr [base casual].. Not sure about exact rate because the union or someone jacked up the pay rate a tad since a few months ago.. I've forgotten the penalty rates.. but they're not exactly 1.5xs..

pstreaks

HSC
What questions are asked in "One on One" interviews for Myers. How come no one has given a clear answer??? Anyway I also hear that this interview sometimes aint really a interview and basically your hired already and you just sit and listen and agree to stuff...But im pretty sure they ask questions like "Why should we hire you?" blah blah.. Someone answer please instead of ignoring this post...

CieL

HSC
pstreaks said:
What questions are asked in "One on One" interviews for Myers. How come no one has given a clear answer??? Anyway I also hear that this interview sometimes aint really a interview and basically your hired already and you just sit and listen and agree to stuff...But im pretty sure they ask questions like "Why should we hire you?" blah blah.. Someone answer please instead of ignoring this post...
No.
One on one interview does NOT mean you're hired already.

In one on one interviews they just ask you random shit.

Which department would you like to work in. Why?
When will you be available over the xmas holidays.
What kind of hours would you like to work.
What are you interested in.
Have you had previous experience in retail/customer service.

Why would you want to know what they ask anyway.
It's not like you're going to write a set response to everything. Are you?

xox.happy1.xox

No more VCE!!!
HSC
I have 3 jobs... One with Coles, Big W and McDonald's... I want to quit one but I'm not sure... But it is really easy to get a job when you stand out to the employer, and don't stand in the shadows, or else you will go unnoticed, and less likely to be hired.

CieL

HSC
xox.happy1.xox said:
I have 3 jobs... One with Coles, Big W and McDonald's... I want to quit one but I'm not sure... But it is really easy to get a job when you stand out to the employer, and don't stand in the shadows, or else you will go unnoticed, and less likely to be hired.
Why can't people decide?

Whichever one pays better, gives you better shifts, good relationships between superiors and fellow staff, convenient to get to, has more prospect of promotion, etc..

They can't be all the same right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)