christ_ine

simply because
HSC
LOL.

*puts a "My name is christ_ine" sticker on her shirt*

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
mine was weird - I applied for fun on the colesmyer website in April 03, then I suddenly get a call in July for a phone interview and online quiz, then a month later I get another phone interview, then finally by Sept I'm doing the manager 1on1 interview and I get it.
Talk about long term interviews!
The questions are basic - 'what's a time when you showed team effort (I said doing a drama production!), when was a time when you showed initiative, good customer service etc..." random Q's like that.

Yay, I'm being promoted to Layby in Easter! yayyy no more filthy checkouts! lol

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
hey are there any temp casuals here? I was hired as a temp Xmas casual for 03 and things were going well, until Xmas - then my name was no where to be seen on the rosters for 2 months.....I thought that was my purpose - to be an Xmas casual...therefore working during Xmas time.......

I was curious how many shifts other Temps get these days...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I got my job as a xmas casual, Im still working (and as far as I know the manager is keeping me on). Ive been working 5 shifts a week since a couple of weeks after I started (I got bout 2-3 shifts in the first few weeks while the manager got to know me), usually 9am-6pm. The other xmas casuals in my area are still there (I don't know bout other areas, I think most have actually gone) but only get 1-3 shifts a week for bout 3 hours each.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i did the colesmyer group interview thing last year. Lisa was there with me! (littlelease)

3-4hrs of boring crap and a role play. Very short interview really... i got thru to the next stage with the 1 on 1 interview with the manager but i refused to be a checkout chick.

Been that round with woolworths too, at their supply chain store in minchinbury. Now that was a fun day ^_^

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I was employed as an Xmas casual at Myer and I got about 6 shifts a week, but now it has dropped to about 2 ...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
when they employ christmas casuals, do they keep all of them? and drop all their shifts? they employ so many casuals every year, do they have a lot of people leaving then?

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
The Coles Myer group interview was weird. They make you do a jigsaw puzzle in your group, answer a scenario and write down all this crap about customers.

Pfft.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah. it's to see team work, to see how you talk and interact with people

CasaNovo

HSC
N/A
Do you need to take your resume, references, birth certificate etc to this group meeting. I know it says so, but like if you don't get interviewd is it really necessary?

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Yup you need 2 forms of ID because they check it before you leave and they fill in this form with all the information about your ID. They also take your resume before you leave.

You need to bring your references to fill in the form they give you so they can contact them.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
omg the service desk lady is such a bitch
and isn't it ironic since they are training in customer service.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
i still haven't been called..is the interview thing just once or can you apply again and go again?

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
it's for each different interview job.

To get a job at colesmyer you have to do 2 interviews. One group interview if passed they call you for a store interview and if you pass this one then you got the job.

Originally posted by CasaNovo
Do you need to take your resume, references, birth certificate etc to this group meeting. I know it says so, but like if you don't get interviewd is it really necessary?
Yes, but usually during the group interview they write things down about each individual and if they write something shit about you than i think it's useless to give them your resume. To see what they write about you when they are taking your personal infos about you. Peck your head over to the clip board they have to next to them and read quickly of what they said about you.
A quick method of finding out weather you have gone to the next stage or not without waiting for 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)