Com/Science (1 Viewer)

bladeys

HSC
N/A
I'm just wondering if it's possible to do a double major for the Science part of this degree. On the website it says you would have to overload or take courses in the summer/winter. I'm fine with doing that. I'm just wondering when offers come out how would I choose the double major?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You choose the double major when you pick subjects, not when you pick your degree. Also, with a double degree you will have to take courses in the summer - or overload, but you won't be allowed in the first year or so.

bladeys

HSC
N/A
Ahhk thanks. So a double major of comp sci and maths in the science part would be fine?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Can you major in computer science for the Science degree? If so, you might be able to. Just ask them.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
UNSW no longer offers Winter courses. It's been that way since 2008 (where they made 14 week semesters into 12).

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
From what I understand. It isn't possible.

double degree means 1 major from each degree.

i.e. commerce (major in whatever you money-making freaks do) + science (i.e. medical microbiology)

Trust me, once you hit the end of 1st or 2nd year, even just completing the science degree part kills you.

Had a buddy who overloaded almost every year, he's now finishing half a year or a year earlier. B Com/Science.

You'll find most ppl who do double degrees are shit in one side. i.e. most commerce people want money, but can't think in a scientific way apart from supply and demand. I knew the smartest guy, he'd do heaps well in commerce but get ok marks in science. If it weren't for us passing him our course books + exam tips, he'd be in the pits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)