• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Come meet me at the internship fair! (1 Viewer)

skopje

HSC
Passed the test, did the SDS and today got an email asking which internship I want to go for?! Weird since I only applied for Finance.

skopje

HSC
On your application account on the PG website does it say that you are through to the Initial Interview stage?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
question: how long did you find out after doing the online reasoning test that you got through - was it via email or on the site? did you guys find it easy/hard? did you think you'd pass?

velvetorchid

HSC
The online reasoning test was easy-moderate. I found out ages later (like 2-3mths later) via email.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
haha i watched my exgf do the test, and thought it was difficult :p i suck at pattern recognition. and wow, that's ages. how did it take 2-3mths, though? I thought applications only opened on the 1st of August, or something like that.

velvetorchid

HSC
lol, why you being mean to your exgf for? i did it like a couple of days before the intern fair at usyd, so back date it from like 2wks ago to whenever the fair was =/ i sucked at pattern recog too, but you sorta get the hang of it the second time round.

velvetorchid

HSC
oops, i misread ^^ i thought you were mocking how hard 'she' found it. sorry sorry ^^...

i havent heard from pg yet... will they get back to you even though they reject you? you've seen my sds, you think i've been rejected?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i think they get back to you originally. also, i'd rather not make any judgments, as I'm not in HR

pmtruong

HSC
yeh mine all show up as initial interview as well. A friend of mine told me we will find out by Wednesday...for CMK at least.

And i doubt you have been rejected anyway..my friend who applied for cmk did her in house test on wednesday so it will take a little while.

Online reasoning test i found out next day...i did it on the last date they accepted applications though.

Yeh i found the online pretty hard but I guess it becasue I'm not used to doing them. The in house test wasnt too bad just harder than expected considerin the sample they gave us. But it doesn't seem like its that hard to score 30/50 on it so the majority of culling will happen for the interviews.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
not everyone has even done their in house tests, so they may be waiting for all to complete theirs before moving ppl through the stages.

why did you want to get 30/50 specifically?

pmtruoung: they only closed applications yesterday, btw.

pmtruong

HSC
oh people are still doing inhouse?..there must be alot of people doing them then...i did mine last friday. Yeh it would not be fair if they let people through without waiting for everyione to finish in house testing.
i heard that you had to score at least 30/50 to pass the inhouse test? isnt that right?
oh i thought applications closed august 24...isnt that the official closing date..or did they extend it..

velvetorchid

HSC
pmtruong said:
yeh mine all show up as initial interview as well. A friend of mine told me we will find out by Wednesday...for CMK at least.

And i doubt you have been rejected anyway..my friend who applied for cmk did her in house test on wednesday so it will take a little while.

Online reasoning test i found out next day...i did it on the last date they accepted applications though.

Yeh i found the online pretty hard but I guess it becasue I'm not used to doing them. The in house test wasnt too bad just harder than expected considerin the sample they gave us. But it doesn't seem like its that hard to score 30/50 on it so the majority of culling will happen for the interviews.
totally agree to this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)