Commerce Graduates (1 Viewer)

Monsterman

HSC
How many get employed after graduating? or like what percentage

Tabris

HSC
Thats a tough question....

Out of the 85% (I assume this figure is correct), how many are on track to where they want to be?

e.g. A B Com graduate working in one of the Big 4/accounting firm or commerce related area that is relevant to their degree.

It would be misleading if some B Commerce graduatest who are still working in the retail sector or a job they had since high school.

USYD Law School gives an excellenet example with regards to their law graduates:

http://www.careers.usyd.edu.au/staff/downloads/gds_2008_law.pdf

As for me, I am already working in an economics related graduate program.

Last edited:

Monstar

HSC
Thats a tough question....

Out of the 85% (I assume this figure is correct), how many are on track to where they want to be?

e.g. A B Com graduate working in one of the Big 4/accounting firm or commerce related area that is relevant to their degree.

It would be misleading if some B Commerce graduatest who are still working in the retail sector or a job they had since high school.

USYD Law School gives an excellenet example with regards to their law graduates:

http://www.careers.usyd.edu.au/staff/downloads/gds_2008_law.pdf

As for me, I am already working in an economics related graduate program.

Tabris brings up a valid point.. 'how many are on track to where they want to be?'. Mq's employment maybe indeed >85% but how many of them are actually working at the place they want to be? ie Working at a smaller accounting firm in the suburbs may not be where you want to be.. you may wish to be with big4 or the bulge bracket banks.

I cant speak from experience but from what i hear ..getting a job isnt the hard part.. i think its getting job you want and the job you envisioned yourself to be in.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Tough question as like you said there are variables to consider. I just finished this semester (but in Comm-Mktg) and am starting a marketing grad position in February. So this is where I envisaged myself at this stage of my career. Basically, I wouldn't use % grad rates as an indicator of degree compatibility. Maybe thats just me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)