• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Committments other than academic? (1 Viewer)

passion89

HSC
sleepplease said:
umm i do: tennis, french speaking thinymo wkly, school council, hockey (field), cello lessons, orchestras, schhol shout group, charities committee, oaktree volunteer, blue dragon (ngo), model united nations, animal welfare, stir, roller hockey.. umm cant remember the rest (neeeeed sleep :sleep: ) but yeah

Wow...

You rock with your time allocation man.
If you can keep it up, congrats to you :)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
sofstar you're a world vision volunteer, cool. i should be one too

Sofstar

HSC
yoakim said:
sofstar you're a world vision volunteer, cool. i should be one too
Yes you should. You going to Deep Purple? or is it just a signature thing?

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
i can choose to go to it, because my friends have spare tickets to front seats. but i dunno yet. i should though considering that it's probably going to be their last concert in australia.

w00dy.

HSC
i do 20hrs a week at work (5 nights 4 hours each night) i somehow manage to get everything in regards to school done on time. and of fairly high grade.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Weekly sport training/games and going to gym is good to give yourself a break from your studies/academic programme, also keeps you active.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
sleepplease said:
umm i do: tennis, french speaking thinymo wkly, school council, hockey (field), cello lessons, orchestras, schhol shout group, charities committee, oaktree volunteer, blue dragon (ngo), model united nations, animal welfare, stir, roller hockey.. umm cant remember the rest (neeeeed sleep :sleep: ) but yeah
Wow, both you and Softar are charity people, how awesome :D
Well, my massive amount of commitments include peer support, src, baby-sitting? :confused: But hey, I'd love to be a volunteer of some sort.

ask4moe

HSC
soccer... when im not studying thats all i do.

i used to play computer games like warcraft 3 and Counter strike all day but i gave up that stuff. i enjoy reading so thats not a problem for me, thats probably the reason i get high marks without studying.

Yeah im pretty good at soccer and hope to one day make it big somewhere, but if i dont at least ill have a good education to fall back on =)

Kmahal1990

HSC
Depends what you read...if you just read novels i dont see how that helps you mathematics. And then theres the reading branches - do you read for fun or do you read books that your teacher suggest you read? By that i mean do you read Tom Clancy and David Gammel or do you read Jules Vern?

Kmahal1990

HSC
And has anyone started getting together a portfolio for University admission? I wonder how you can put sports in there...

Kmahal1990

HSC
My teacher said that playing grade sports or showing that you have other committments other that academic during your final year shows, in addition to a high UAI will demonstrate that you are more able to use time efficiently. He said that this quality will increase your chances of gaining scholarships. I do not know if this is true though.

MirrorBall

HSC
15hrs a week at work, a course with a correspondence college, grade 6 piano, managing household because parents do insanely long hours at work, public speaking courses, TAFE courses, a relationship, reading & sleeping (last two committments = most important.)

kateIam

HSC
I'm a trained firefighter with the RFS...it's pretty rewarding

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)