• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Committments other than academic? (1 Viewer)

kateIam

HSC
MirrorBall said:
15hrs a week at work, a course with a correspondence college, grade 6 piano, managing household because parents do insanely long hours at work, public speaking courses, TAFE courses, a relationship, reading & sleeping (last two committments = most important.)
I moved out of home last year to live with my boyfriend. It was pretty hard to manage everything at first, and everyone was thinking i was gonna drop out and become nothing! but once i realised that unless i work hard at school and achieve something, i'll be living off my centrlink payments forever, I KNOW how hard that is!!!!

HSC
N/A
I danced all through my HSC year. I was even competing *nods*

However it was quite a considerable decrease from the intensity and hours in previous years... I wanted to have a pace where I knew I'd be able to focus on my school work. At the same time, I knew that if I gave up dance, I'd go insane and my marks would get even worse (this actually happened to a number of dance friends of mine who gave up dance during their HSC year, they totally regretted it).

I made a couple of firm decisions at the beginning of the year (no solo competition, no more than a few nights of dancing a week) and stuck to it. :)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
i think bos would be considered as a commitment :p as people spends hours on this website lol

bassguy

HSC
i do a.mus level sax, learn bass, learn double bass, play in big band, play in my rock band, my other rock band, regional band, sax group, choir, 5th grade musicianship, work
and then theres the internet
i think the whole thing was actually invented to stop high school types doing anything else
bastards

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
bassguy said:
i do a.mus level sax, learn bass, learn double bass, play in big band, play in my rock band, my other rock band, regional band, sax group, choir, 5th grade musicianship, work
i think the whole thing was actually invented to stop high school types doing anything else
bastards
Cool, a musician.
Internet was made especially for that. Other uses came later.

HSC
yoakim said:
i think bos would be considered as a commitment :p as people spends hours on this website lol
Hahaha, this has been quoted 5 times! (Twice by Franz...) I think people agree with you! By the way, this is the 6th time! :)

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
bassguy said:
bastards
A.Mus.A?!!? Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh..........................

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
I like your sig Yoakim! *hi 5's* It's style-lish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)