Communication Option (1 Viewer)

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
The one about detecting vibrations was ok until I read "and the events that lead up to the response". That confused me. I also had a spaz moment when I thought the labelled diagram of the ear was of the three ossciles separately, then I had another look and realised Im a derp :p. The 8 marker was brilliant!!! A question I loved :D

tamarajayne94

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes the 8 marker was awesome! And i thought the same with the detecting vibrations events lead up to response also..
But I thought it was pretty simple

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't like the Communcation Qs because of that five marker you guys brought up :( It was my least fav section, my trial on it was way easier haha.
I didn't get the response part of that Q.

The eight marker was pretty sweet though, and loved the questions on the lens experiment though!

tamarajayne94

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah i did the lateral line and tympanic ear too :)

Last edited:

Newbit

HSC
Did you guys say swim bladder for fish and tympanic organ for insects in the "vibrations" question 31 c) ii)
I wrote tympanic membrane in the feet and abdominal of insects and internal ears for fishy.

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
Did you guys say swim bladder for fish and tympanic organ for insects in the "vibrations" question 31 c) ii)
Yea, except I wrote lateral line system for the fish, but I think the swim bladder also detects vibrations...however, I just remember it producing sounds :S

HSC
It was actually ok..8-marker was really broad...THANK GOD!! :)
That 5-marker about insects/fish detecting vibrations...spent so long last night on that, and then had a brain freeze :( Wrote the noobiest answer :(

gayforniall

HSC
Uni Grad
The accommodation question was weird, but not bad! The 5 marker one though, omg. Why 5 marks? The 8 marker was pretty awesome though. I even got the chance to troll it:

"Hearing aids are obtrusive and they may prevent the wearing of hats. This can lead to skin cancer."
Wrote 4 pages all up. Probably a bit excessive, but meh.

HSC
BAHAHAHAHA!!! And WHOOOAAA!! 4 pages?? Please tell me u have big writing!
The accommodation question was weird, but not bad! The 5 marker one though, omg. Why 5 marks? The 8 marker was pretty awesome though. I even got the chance to troll it:

Wrote 4 pages all up. Probably a bit excessive, but meh.

febebebe

HSC
why would you say they are obtrusive? lol. were we meant to evaluate them..??
and what did you guys put for the question about the one gene one protein experiment question? i really didnt get the experiment at all. one test tube had some medium or something, and then one with the medium then an amino acid :s :s :s i ended up just saying what i knew about one gene one protein hypothesis, then tried to show how the experiment supported it (even though the experiment was wacked)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Isn't the swim bladder used for producing sound and lateral lines are used for detecting?

cartoonmaiz

HSC
N/A
For the question about the experiment thing: "Match THREE pieces of apparatus used in this experiment with THREE identified parts of the eye."
I did lens:
I, K and J = lens of the eye
Solution = vitreous humor
Fine paper = retina

desmol

HSC
and what did you guys put for the question about the one gene one protein experiment question? i really didnt get the experiment at all. one test tube had some medium or something, and then one with the medium then an amino acid :s :s :s i ended up just saying what i knew about one gene one protein hypothesis, then tried to show how the experiment supported it (even though the experiment was wacked)
There's another thread for this, but anyway
that was a Beadle and Tatum experiment

The irradiation destroyed the gene that was responsible for the synthesis of that particular amino acid (which is a protein) that the mould thrived on
The added amino acid in the other test tube acted as a control

gayforniall

HSC
Uni Grad
I was bored and I already wrote 4 pages already, might as well try and make the marker laugh. I gave advantages and disadvantages for everything, really, just to be safe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)