• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Computing Skills Test (1 Viewer)

lolmonster

HSC
Anyone know if the computing skills test for the school cert has short answer questions and such in it? Or is it just all multiple choice?

Cee.

HSC
Only 100 multiple choice questions which shall be easy as pie.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Its rather simple, 100 multible choice questions. Your school should have made you do a trial test with 40 questions last week, i got 40/40 in it. I suggest you study database stuff as you most likely havent seen it before. (know the differences between records, forms, reports, fields and queries)

lolmonster

HSC
Awesome. I was a little confused since my trials had short answer questions, but the BOS back-up test I had to do for it was all mc. For both, my teacher said it was exactly the same as the school cert one.

I won't really have to look over anything, then~~

lolmonster

HSC
Its rather simple, 100 multible choice questions. Your school should have made you do a trial test with 40 questions last week, i got 40/40 in it. I suggest you study database stuff as you most likely havent seen it before. (know the differences between records, forms, reports, fields and queries)
I got 40 too. Did they use some questions from past papers? Cos I swear I'd seen some of the exact same questions before.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

I got 40 too. Did they use some questions from past papers? Cos I swear I'd seen some of the exact same questions before.
Yes they did, a few of them i remember doing the day before. (year 9s are on camp, 100 hour elective lessons became CSA trials xD)

Im going to be so bored though, in the test yourself page thing me and one of my friends have been able to get 95+ out of 100 in around 20 mins. (thats rushing through bassically)

Tofuu

HSC
don't worry abbout it unless you just found about the wonderful thing called the computer yesterday

occer

HSC
N/A
Your school should have made you do a trial test with 40 questions last week
Not all schools do trial SC. The first time I have ever looked at an SC paper was yesterday.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Not all schools do trial SC. The first time I have ever looked at an SC paper was yesterday.
No this was different, we were given our student numbers and had to test our school computer logins aswell as those student numbers by actually opening up a program and logging in with out student numbers.

lolmonster

HSC
No this was different, we were given our student numbers and had to test our school computer logins aswell as those student numbers by actually opening up a program and logging in with out student numbers.
It was a mark they'd more or less use as a back up incase something happened and you couldn't do the actual exam or something, I'm pretty sure.

occer

HSC
N/A
We do it written.

I'm not going to be able to remember my stupid number either.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
We do it written.

I'm not going to be able to remember my stupid number either.
Im almost sure everyone has to do the actual test on computer though = S?

lychnobity

HSC

It was a mark they'd more or less use as a back up incase something happened and you couldn't do the actual exam or something, I'm pretty sure.
coz you're new around here... but try to type in the same font as everyone else, please? None of this size 1 crap, it makes whatever you're saying unworthy of reading.

lolmonster

HSC
coz you're new around here... but try to type in the same font as everyone else, please? None of this size 1 crap, it makes whatever you're saying unworthy of reading.
Lol sorry. I never realised that it was annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)