• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Conception Day 2005 (4 Viewers)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Doh rei mi. Its a term my father uses constantly. He cant say money, its either 'doh rei mi' or 'mulah'.

Although, for me, it also conjures up images of the Sound of Music and wearing curtains as clothes.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
Doh rei mi. Its a term my father uses constantly. He cant say money, its either 'doh rei mi' or 'mulah'.

Although, for me, it also conjures up images of the Sound of Music and wearing curtains as clothes.
doh rei me. conjures up a picture of Babe the pig. i think because its like 'bah ram yu'. or something... anywayz.. im high on cold tablets so i take no responsibility for my illogical thought. For exaxmple, last night i had a really strange endless dream of a talking goat that was giving me a lecture on erikson's cognitive theory.

X

xeuyrawp

Cyan_phoeniX said:
For exaxmple, last night i had a really strange endless dream of a talking goat that was giving me a lecture on erikson's cognitive theory.
Oh, that is a doozy for interpretations. A dream ABOUT psychology- could we have hit more of a jackpot.

Let's see here... *trails off*

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
cyan
do u think perhaps the goat was symbolic of a penis
and you know taking on freuds dream interpretation
u had some wierd penis fetish

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
no, no, the goat symbolises his mother, and he wants to suck her teet to gain access to her cognitive thought processes. And he was lecturing you because he was trying to get you to suppress your ID urges. :uhhuh:

Everything, and I mean everything to Freud is linked back to wanting to sex your mother.

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
unless your a girl and want your fathers penis
lol
but in cyans case
the mother teet theory sounds about right

Last edited:

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
no, no, the goat symbolises his mother, and he wants to suck her teet to gain access to her cognitive thought processes. And he was lecturing you because he was trying to get you to suppress your ID urges. :uhhuh:

Everything, and I mean everything to Freud is linked back to wanting to sex your mother.
I remember this. The Oedipus complex and other one ...

Kinky stuff.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*me reverts into his philosophers shell and contemplates the meaning of reality*

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
*me takes cyan's blood samples and analyses it for abnormalties*

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
im still down with the penis or mothers teet theories
its so much more
how can i say
promiscuous

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
no, no, no. clearly your all stupid. :p

Can't you see?.. goat...lectures... Erikson's theory, which is a psychsocial model, and totally against Freud's psychosexual model.

The old goat must represent the stagnation part in the 'integrity Vs stagnation' age group. The fact that i was being 'lectured' may be symbolic of being in trouble with authority. The fact that the lecturer had no clothes on (being a goat and all). Its so obvious: I sub-consciously want to run naked across macquarie theatre during a psychology class before i turn 50, or i will stagnate and die. Though the penis fetish thing could also be valid too. Lets have a vote...
Ahaha, you're so right! Erikson hated Freud's theory, but there are similarities, he just extended his 'levels' of development further than freud.

That said, I think that my valid interpretation highlights the fact that Erikson was wrong in dismissing Freud. You see, James, in admitting the part about needing to run naked before the stagnation period, shows the prominence of your ID, and suggests you lack any ego or superego (as you cannot restrict your uges).

Bscience is right, Oedipus all the way. The 'other one' is Freud's theory of the three levels of subconscious:
ID- the pleasure-seeking part of you, most often seen in infancy.
Ego- the Ego maintains the ID and restricts rewarding it with pleasure until an appropriate time
SuperEgo- the morals of society that we internalise, and use to regulate our behaviour on a moral level.

Those who have too much ID influence are said to be arrogant assholes. Those who have too much SuperEgo influence are moralistic prudes. Thus the Ego must strike a balance between the two in order for someone to function 'properly'

Thats my developmental psych study for today, maybe James can explain Erikson's theory more? I'm off to work! :D

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Its funny how you spell Id as 'ID'.

heheheehehehe

yes. perhaps you are right after-all. anyone else like to describe a dream they had? (preferably real this time :) )

this theme goes well with the conception day topic. because most dreams probably end up with our urges to have sex and conceive anywayz (and if not, we will find a link!! oh yes.... we will find a link precious *gullum gullum*)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Most of the time I don't remember my dreams unless something triggers my memory during the day.

Mini

relax
HSC
i never remember my dreams...

maybe something happened last conception day, like someone got hurt and sued the uni or something?? i mean, i would understand if Syd Uni never allowed a curry party in Manning again, after that dude threw himself off the balcony and killed himself...

Thats prolly it, people got heavily drunk, maybe stoned, got hurt, sued. Thus its cutting down is simply insurance related (go actuarial studies). What do those actually spearheading campaigns know about the possibility of this?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I doubt it, we'd hear about it if it was a big incident

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
this is bullshit... i was speculating that it were rumors...
oh well lets reuse them bands...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)