Confused. Please help (1 Viewer)

*Baby-K*

HSC
:eek: So my UAI is 91.45 but I got 4 bonus points for Macquarie through EAS. The course I want to do is 95UAI.

I am a little confused with how the points work? Are they just added to the UAI (which would make it 95.45?) ??

Will I get into the course I want or should I start thinking of other options?

Thanks

VuongstER_boi

HSC
it's automatically added on so u don't need to apply for some special entry thing. You should apply for it incase you make the cut off, if you don't it doesn't put your second preference choice to a disadvantage compared to those who had it as their first preference.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
*Baby-K* said:
:eek: So my UAI is 91.45 but I got 4 bonus points for Macquarie through EAS. The course I want to do is 95UAI.

I am a little confused with how the points work? Are they just added to the UAI (which would make it 95.45?) ??

Will I get into the course I want or should I start thinking of other options?

Thanks
mk, this is in the UAI booklet thingo, heres what it said:

Q: If im eligible for bonus points, does my UAI change?
A: No. If unis allcate bonus points they are not added to your UAI, Bonus points are not UAI points, they are just that- Bonus Points. Bonus points don't change your UAI, bonus points might change your selection rank.

Q: If bonus points dont increase my UAI, then how do they work?
A: Unis allocate bonus points for different circumstaqnces. Eg: students with strong performance in hsc subjects, students who live or attend a school in an area defined by the uni and students who have applied for consideration through the educational access scheme.

For most year 12 applicants, their selection rank for uni is their UAI . However, if unis allocate bonus points to you, then your selection rank=UAI+bonus points. As the bonus point schemes for each uni, and often for each course at each uni, are different, then your selection rank then your selection rank can be different for each course you list in your course preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)