Consecutive lectures (1 Viewer)

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
sunny said:
One organises oneselves timetable on myUNSW (2nd year you are, yes?), selecting the class times that suits onself.
so how exactly are the 1st years organising their timetable already?? are the offers even out yet?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
With the "sets" of lectures... and tutes in some cases... can you mix between different sets? Or do you have to stick with the one set?

gman03

HSC
Dumsum said:
With the "sets" of lectures... and tutes in some cases... can you mix between different sets? Or do you have to stick with the one set?
Generally no, with the except that some lectures are grouped. For example for 1st year maths say there are 8 lectures at time L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, L6, L7, L8

A group of lecture may consists of two lectures, e.g. L1 with L2, L3 with L4 and so on. There is usually one lecturer take care of each group and each group go at different pace/order than other group.

Further more two groups could be teaching area A while the other two groups teaching area B and that A and B are different stuff.

In short, you can mix lectures, provided that they are in the same group and you have one for A and one for B.

elfm

HSC
heh nearly everyone has consecutive days :p

commerce and arts have it easy

EmilyTheStrange

Member (hehe)
HSC
Dumsum said:
me no understand this. (btw 1st year this year sunny) i think i saw someone saying something about how first years do their timetables, but ill ask again now instead of stuffing around. and how does one know what ones classes will be? do you presume what you will be taking or do you have to take specific classes. if i was doing a class for uni it would be called "uni studies for beginners in space"

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
EmilyTheStrange said:
me no understand this. (btw 1st year this year sunny) i think i saw someone saying something about how first years do their timetables, but ill ask again now instead of stuffing around. and how does one know what ones classes will be? do you presume what you will be taking or do you have to take specific classes. if i was doing a class for uni it would be called "uni studies for beginners in space"
First step go to the handbook and look for your degree (in the undergrad section). It is under "programs". In my case it is Advanced Science, and I know I'm going to get into this degree because I'm more than 10 UAI points ahead of last year's cutoff. I then go and choose a study plan, such as Physics and Astronomy. It lists subjects that are required in each year. Only concerned with first year at this stage.

As an example one of the subjects is PHYS1131 Higher Physics 1A.

Now we go to the timetable and search for PHYS1131. It is here. As you can see, it has the class times listed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)