Conservatoriums - GENERAL: Entry, atmosphere, auditions etc. (1 Viewer)

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
did anyone see me?

I was the asian girl in the composition unit wearing a lady's suit (cuz i needed to work afterwards) for some time... or a blue v neck and black pants when it got kinda hot

and i spoke to everybody

:D

I didnt see you trumpet geek :'(

I think i mightve seen tim yates... considering i went back at a little bit past 5pm to deal with unfinished business....
Stef!!!!!!!!! Damn i didnt see you there... i was there from like 12.20pm...... but did you meet this guy called David? Hes doin composition as well and he told me that he saw u and i was like OMG!!! YAY!! I saw heaps of people there... i saw zane, david, ness, sam, other sam, steph, james, other james, ken, frankie, harry and sum other people who i cant remember.... o sum people were there even tho ther not going to the con... they were just dropped in to say hi to sum ppl ... anyway im lookin forward to seein u all soon!!!!!!!!

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Bunny04 said:
MEEP... *tis bored*
ANyone going to SBS tomorrow *(sbs people) and all those who got in and enrolled today Congrats
er... i over heard a convo but um... i think that clarinet chicks going to sbs

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
timyates_87 said:
WHY did so many ppl bring parents!!!

because we need them to wipe our arses and change our nappies. But your a big boy so u didnt need ur parents to come, yeah?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Uni Enrolment is one of those things that parents look forward to for years, and the next big event they look forward to is Graduation.

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
timyates_87 said:
you saw me??!?! well at 5 i would have been in music workshop being pissed off that it took so long!! gah!! so unorganised!! and WHY did so many ppl bring parents!!! all up it took me 5 HOURS!! yes 5 HOURS!! and i didn't make any mistakes it took heaps of ppl 5 HOURS!! ahh

and i saw... trumpet geek, joe, hoshimi whateva you want to call her... lol and she saw me... that is all.. *shakes head*
hey if thats u in the avatar box pic thingy, then i think i saw u inside the workshop place.. saw someone who looked similar.. i was in there too from 2pm till 6pm... hehe how fun was it waiting in dat weird line ehy!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
tis me in avatar.... yes... music workshop was VERY fun!! lol :D they should have put on a concert for us!! :( lol 3 hours in that damn room!! ahhh

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
ur dayam right! they should've made each person play something in front of everyone! lol would've been quite entertaining..

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
trumpet geek said:
aparently its bloody hard to get into the con for singing... like what kind of singing do u wana do? Classical? opera? jazz? hm.... anyway you should definitly try out for it though - just work really really really really hard this year, and dont focus too much on school work and put all ur effort into the music. Er... um... yeah u should still do school work but like just do enough that youll pass and get decent marks... but er... the point that im trying to make is that even if u get a uai of 99.99, if ur music isnt up to scratch then ur not likely to get in... but sounds like ur doin well tho with ur ameb grades and stuf - A - honours in 7th grade is amazing well done!!!!!!!!!!!!! So yeah work real hard and good luck ;)
Thanks for the reply trumpet... Well opera i guess - I'm a soprano.

You see the thing is... I've got two options here... I'm looking down the barrel of medicine AND music, so focussing on straight music ain't an option!! (But i wouldnt mind that 99.99 UAI... ha ha)

Thanks, I don't know anyone else who's done 7th grade or any in opera... so I don't really know what's normal and what's exceptional as far as grades go or times or whatever... :s - anyone else here done it??

-m111

lord chumpley

HSC
arts/music studies

has anyone heard of the bachelor arts/music studies at sydney uni? apparently it's half at the conservatorium and half an arts degree...or something...and i think it's fairly new . has anyone else checked it out??

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It's a 240 credit point degree over 5 years. You complete the BMusStudies at the Conservatorium, and what is essentially a BA (Music) at the Main campus.

Since nobody else is stupid enough to transfer to the BABMusStudies, it means that if I keep on track, I get to be the very first person to graduate with the new degree.

=Mike B=

HSC
N/A
timyates_87 said:
and WHY did so many ppl bring parents!!!
I doubt that it would have made any difference to the ammount of time sitting in that Auditorium thingy...

Did anyone see me? i was that guy listening to music with a goatee ;) ;) and with the pissed of mum cos we had been sittting around watching people spending over an hour at the computers... grrrrrrr!

:p

SBS is mad! Beethoven 8th & Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)