• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Considering dropping Physics. Any advice? (1 Viewer)

NickNStuff

HSC
I'm currently doing Biology, Chemistry, English Advanced, Mathematics Advanced, Extension 1 and 2, Physics and Completing my IT exam in 1 week.

I could do well in my Physics exam but it is extremely time consuming.

Should I drop it I keep going back and forth?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
It overlaps with Chem and the Mechanics in extension 2 is easier to understand with Physics. Keep for now at least as it is only 3weeks into year 12.

NickNStuff

HSC
That's one of my dilemmas though if I put work into it now then drop it I'll waste time I could have spent on other subjects.

OXYGIN

HSC
lol
i got 50% in my yearlies for physics ( not that i put any work into it)

i decided to keep it and so far have been working my ass off in physics, so i hopefully will not be at the bottom of the class , which was :speechless:

iMAN2

HSC
N/A
So you're doing I.T. accelerated? Are you by any chance in Ruse?

Have you considered doing a Distinction course if you're an accelerant?

See how you doing in I.T. Physics is mainly understanding the concepts. Once you have understood them you are set. It's easier then Chemistry in the terms that there is less memorisation. But the HSC exam style techniques are very important for those are gonna get you those higher band 6 marks.

Ext2 maths is very time consuming so i see your dilemma. Don't drop it, see how you go for first term. These summer holidays get your notes written down for 1-1.5 of the modules for phys chem and bio. Doing 3 sciences can be quite harrowing but if you feel you are interested in these then go for it. Bio is a lot of memorisation from what i've heard. The rewards of physics can be much greater than the total effort you put in if you know the correct technqiues and tricks. (yes this violates this principle of conservation of energy :p) If you need any help free free to give me an email.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Don't drop it, especially if your option is quanta to quarks as it overlaps with the nuclear section in chemistry. And as Kaz said, it helps a bit with mechanics 4U maths :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)