• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Creative Plot Ideas? (1 Viewer)

jackiebanh

HSC
Hey, so at the moment I have no clue on what to write for my Belonging creative text and was wondering if I could get some ideas. Thanks

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Write about a business man who thinks he is slowly turning into a sliding door, and is alienated from the people and revolving doors that populate his offices.

Chubbeh

HSC
Find a stimulus that seems 'vague' and write a creative based on it. Go through more stimuli and see if the story you wrote could be moulded to apply. It's better for a story to be metaphoric than literal, so it might be easier to mould than you think

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Start deconstructing the belonging rubric and come up with the two or three main belonging rubric points you want to focus on your story, and start planning out elements of a story-i.e. plot, setting, character transformation, I would highly recommend you focus on your personal/cultural experiences for a good short story. Make it realistic, authentic and poignant. Start writing-once you start, it is easier to change, to improve-starting is the hard part, but it is an essential process:) Best wishes for your creative writing:)

Mdyeow

HSC
Uni Grad
Write about a business man who thinks he is slowly turning into a sliding door, and is alienated from the people and revolving doors that populate his offices.
I'm pretty sure this is Metamorphoses: 21st Century Redux

I wrote a story about a mythical birthday-cake on a mountain for my trials and got a 20.

It all depends on your stimulus material on the day, so you're best off practising with different ideas and just writing a lot. As well as rereading what you write, finding what's shit/good, and adjusting it accordingly for next time. And in all seriousness, the wackier the idea the easier it can be to stand out from the crowd - as long as you carry it off convincingly, otherwise you just end up looking like an ass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)