Creative Writing help (1 Viewer)

martino1234

HSC
N/A
My creative writing stories suck! How can i develop good ideas because creative writing is one of my worst areas right now in English. Thanks a lot.

jaycoo50

HSC
good luck in HSC bro,

just make sure you don't repeat the same for HSC.

Last edited:

Rita96

HSC
Draw inspiration from books, movies anything and try to make it your own :) The best thing you can do is write stories and hand them up to your teachers to mark. Even if you feel that they are horrible, just do it! When you get them back, stick around and ask how you can improve. Keep doing this until you have perfected your writing. I recommend doing it for essays too, you would be surprised at how much your marks will improve!

koreafantasy

HSC
omg me too. i always write about a depressed girl getting rescued by a guy and i always get shit for it cause apparently its 'cliche'. what ISNT cliche that relates to belonging. -_-

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
omg me too. i always write about a depressed girl getting rescued by a guy and i always get shit for it cause apparently its 'cliche'. what ISNT cliche that relates to belonging. -_-
You need to think harder ruse boy.

koreafantasy

HSC
You need to think harder ruse boy.
i tried a plot where a guy signs up for cryonics and wakes up 200 yrs later and gets alienated cause everythings changed. but my teachers like 'gl with ur context lol'. im out of ideas. im just gonna get a c range and accept it.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
i tried a plot where a guy signs up for cryonics and wakes up 200 yrs later and gets alienated cause everythings changed. but my teachers like 'gl with ur context lol'. im out of ideas. im just gonna get a c range and accept it.
Mate there's a little over three weeks. You still have time to make a solid creative.

chookyla

HSC
Hi, I've been having the same issue, until my teacher showed us a few high scoring creative writing pieces. A predominate theme I noticed, was that there was generally two main characters, to which one belongs to the place/environment and the other finds it difficult. For instance, an older person feeling completely lost and disconnected when picking up her grand-daughter from a party, but then the young girl feels completely comfortable, enjoying herself with her friends, or say a couple going over seas to visit one side of the family, and the other feeling completely isolated due to the foreign culture.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
My short story is pretty much sitting on a 14/15. I willing to sell next year. Ahahahaha

Candidate

HSC
My English coordinator marks the English belonging essays, and mine is a 15/15, but I got 14/15 for the CSSA trials because, for the image of the family standing by the beach, I did not mention the phones they were holding.

So for the AOS, make sure your story reflects contemporary issues (so not another 'travel overseas and feel sad' story)– this resonates really well with the markers who know you have put research and thought into it, at least that's what I did. And make it flexible, as prepared answers can be screwed over so easily by the stimulus material (which is what I'm worrying most about for Extension English). And don't base your story off your own personal experiences, unless your experiences are quite interesting and can engage a bored marker.

Last edited:

annabailey2

HSC
Creative writing is anything where the purpose is to express thoughts, feelings and emotions rather than to simply convey information. Writing of any sort is hard, but rewarding work – you’ll gain a huge amount of satisfaction from a finished piece. Otherwise you can approach writing services for your work do in very easily. But all services are not good. Finding Essay Writing Cheaters is not easy task. The first and most significant thing you should read about their customer’s reviews.

fatassmcfat

HSC
My English coordinator marks the English belonging essays, and mine is a 15/15, but I got 14/15 for the CSSA trials because, for the image of the family standing by the beach, I did not mention the phones they were holding.

So for the AOS, make sure your story reflects contemporary issues (so not another 'travel overseas and feel sad' story)– this resonates really well with the markers who know you have put research and thought into it, at least that's what I did. And make it flexible, as prepared answers can be screwed over so easily by the stimulus material (which is what I'm worrying most about for Extension English). And don't base your story off your own personal experiences, unless your experiences are quite interesting and can engage a bored marker.

Hey what do you mean by 'so not another 'travel overseas and feel sad' story'?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Hey what do you mean by 'so not another 'travel overseas and feel sad' story'?
It was dark. And hot. I had just arrived in India, 2am and the heat was unbearable. Things are so different here. There's temples everywhere. A man stops me on the corner, selling plastic figurines of the Taj Mahal, somehow forgetting we're nowhere near the building. I stop and grab some food from a vendor. Not at all like at home. I've only been away a few hours and I'm already missing everyone. And everything. The clothes are different. The heat is different. I don't belong at all here.

That sort of thing. But with 800 more words.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
My creative writing stories suck! How can i develop good ideas because creative writing is one of my worst areas right now in English. Thanks a lot.
Read a lot of good creative-take note of the kind of expression, thematic concern, experimental forms of narrative structures that can work, draw ideas from your own experiences and always plan your stories before writing it-rather it is character development, plot, structure, or as simple as deciding on the specific facets of the rubric that you are exploring in your creative writing. ALWAYS REFER BACK TO THE RUBRIC in your exploration of conceptual ideas, and use the given stimulus in a SIGNIFICANT way consistently throughout your story-i.e. both on a literal and metaphorical level.

study1234

HSC
My creative writing was also a nightmare throughout both primary and high school, but I started early and allowed myself to develop my ideas properly. Don't be afraid to write multiple drafts, just allow yourself to express your ideas freely. Then give it to your teacher/tutor/peers for their opinions. If they aren't good, then you can either use their criticism to improve it or simply ditch it. But if they are good, then you got yourself a good creative!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)