blakegman

HSC
N/A
haha cheating indian tried to pull the "i forgot my left glove!!!" move

justice has been served.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Just to think there was a minimum of 1 over left for Australia to bowl :eek: This is simply amazing.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Disappointing really for Hogg.

Muz4PM

HSC
I don't think Ponting left himself enough time to win, but it seems that he timed it nicely lol. Best Australian test win I have seen, even better than the Ashes one in Adelaide.

Hogg was unimpressive with the ball, but his batting was strong.

After this win, good luck for whoever fronts up in the Indian colours in Perth.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Reminded me of Edgbaston though the outcome was different then. Same tension though ;)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
looks like we're destined to break the record.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
you beauty, what a famous victory for the aussies. clarke the part-timer has spun himself into cricketing folklore. amazing.

i watched the last over in a corporate function room with all the staff, everyone went nuts after clarke got the last wicket, something i'll never forget.

this is another magical moment at the scg, along with waugh's last-ball century. i love cricket.

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
But you gotta feel sorry for Anil Kumble, he was there at 45* and defending solidly. The umpiring was pretty loose during this test.
This test was the one of the most entertaining tests so far, better than the Ashes.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Sehwag should be brought in now ;) Either Jaffer or Yuvraj have to go.

Muz4PM

HSC
Both Jaffer and Yuvraj must be dropped, probably for Karthick and Sehwag.

Anil Kumble really played a marvellous captain's knock, I did feel sorry for him, he played so well to be let down fifteen minutes from the end.

Test match cricket, gotta love it.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Harbajan got 3 matches. Owned, racist.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'd like to see some sort of ironic punishment system brought into place where they'd place him in a cage out the front of whichever ground the next test was being played at so people could poke him with sticks.

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
Yes Sehwag and Irfan Pathan replacing Jaffer(Who did nothing, god knows why he got selected), and Yuvraj(very poor performance).

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
haha that dickhead ponting the tattletale told the umpires about the argument (even he could not give a shit) as to get harbhajan banned so his average wouldnt dip again. bullshit he's racist, he's a fucking indian.

i hope hogg gets banned too.

fuck i hate ricky ponting. after all his gamesmanship i just hoped his late declaration would fuck him over. stephen fleming is the greatest captain, not this dickhead

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Im an avid Aussie supporter, although I do wonder what this test would have been like had the umpires got crucial decisions correct. In a way, I was hoping that the Indians would take it to the Aussies, as cricket these days is getting very predictable (and finishing 2 days early).

As for the controversy over Harbajan Singhs comments, I think what he said on the field, should stay on the field. Especially if you look at the manner in which he made them.

India definately need to scrap Jaffer and Yuvraj.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
A High Way Man said:
haha that dickhead ponting the tattletale told the umpires about the argument (even he could not give a shit) as to get harbhajan banned so his average wouldnt dip again. bullshit he's racist, he's a fucking indian.

fuck i hate ricky ponting. after all his gamesmanship i just hoped his late declaration would fuck him over.
Agreed, I dont think that Ponting is in the same league as his former, Steve Waugh. No doubting he is an awesome batter, though that doesnt make him a awesome captain. His very late declaration could very much have backfired on him.

Please, find some decent umpires and give the Indians some luck. Id pay big money to see a decent match where the aussies are put under some real sustained pressure this summer.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Yeah because we support fucking racist bigots. Who gives a shit if he is Indian? Does that mean you can't be racist?
the racism accusation is completely overblown. its just NAMECALLING. like if i were to call ponting a tosser. harbhajans a naive indian from the middle class, they do not know about such concepts such as racism. calling someone a monkey is not racis to them.

Sore loser anyone?
true, but its common knowledge ur captains a huge tool. stephen fleming did more with less, and steve waugh is the greatest captain australia will ever have.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
hold it there exphate, you cannot ignore the fact that there were a few decisions went against the indian, all of which proved to be the turning points of the test. take symond's not out and dravid's out decisions by bucknor. symond went on to save aust's bacons in the first inning, and aust really steamrolled india after dravid was given out. one cannot help but think what would have happened if those decisions were given correctly.

i think india was unlucky in that regard, and probably has to right to whinge about it. but having said that, they really should have lasted the 70 odd overs with 9 wickets (minus the 1 of dravid) in hand.

there was also another issue raised - holding the catches. i believe the fielders need to be honest about their catches, and through that honesty, batsman should take their words for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)