Cricket Season 2007/2008 (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
ladies and gents, i am proud to announce that i've landed myself a gun post on friday - patrolling the members pavillion, aka do nothing and watch the game!

see you guys there.

williamc

HSC
Australia demolished Sri lanka last night. surprise

Sangakarra is the only one who got runs. surprise

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
it was over when sangakarra got out. bracken bowled beautifully, kept it tight and all. i thought the lankan batsmen let them down this game, bowlers actually did well, got wickets regularly, no one could really cut loose at any point.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
fuck India and Sri-Lanka are shit.

Couldn't we have got South africa and another country not full of retards. These 2 are worse then England.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
remember, we didn't invite india for a fair contest, if we wanted that, we'd send in the nsw side to play them. they are here so ca can roll in a bit of cash.

mind you, nsw isn't bad either, pup, binga, bracks, haddin and stuey clark all come from nsw. throw in simon katich, who peter roebuck reckon is good enough to be the aussie skipper, i reckon we got the best state side in aust if it wasn't for all the rep dutie.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
wuddie said:
...nsw isn't bad either, pup, binga, bracks, haddin and stuey clark all come from nsw. throw in simon katich...
+ Gilchrist. :D

blakegman

HSC
N/A
blue_chameleon said:
You know nothing.

Ishant Sharma ring a bell?
So we are judging the team by one player ? who's had what, 2 good games this summer ? his stats were shithouse before todays game.

You could of at least said Tendulker, probably the only player in the indian line up who would crack into the australian team.

Will not be surprised if India win tonight and jump around like they won the world cup, and proclaim world dominance. idiots/

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Anyone else think Tendulkar didn't nick that ball, and hence the decision was correct? They did snicko which showed a noise but not a "long thin" wave normally associated with nicks and the commentators were like "yep, there it is". What the? And then they don't bother with hot spot. Hot spot only ever comes out on the obvious decisions...

blakegman

HSC
N/A
yeah the nick was questionable. probably the correct call giving benefit of the doubt.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
no no, you don't give dismissals by giving benefit of the doubt. umpires have to be certain about it.

aussie batsmen were absolutely pathetic today, barring huss. granted some of the balls were unplayable, but i got the feeling that the aussies tried to force the shots too much and they paid the price for it. with the same token, indian batsmen shouldn't get the credit either. the bright side would be it keeps the series open and gives india a bit of confidence. surely the aussies will regroup and hammer them the next time.

doingHSC

HSC
Australia to get live coverage of IPL

Every Indian Premier League match will be broadcast live in Australia after the Ten Network bought the rights for five years. Ten is believed to have paid between $10 million and $15 million to show the games, which begin on April 18.

The deal provides a challenge to Channel Nine, which has dominated cricket broadcasting in Australia for 30 years. "It is the biggest new cricket competition and the most revolutionary thing that's happened in world cricket since Kerry Packer started the World Series in the mid-70s," David White, the Ten Network's general manager of sport, told the Australian.

It was originally anticipated that the IPL Twenty20 matches would be shown on pay television in Australia, if at all, but Ten's decision means every match will be telecast free to air. The station intends to show the games live, with start times from 9.30pm to 1.30am [AEST] followed by repeats on its high-definition digital channel.

Ten has been a long-time broadcaster of motor sports in Australia, and in more recent years Australian rules football, but its lack of cricket experience means it will need to build a commentary team from scratch. Grant Blackley, the network's chief executive, kept his cards close to his chest when asked if he would attempt to poach any of Nine's established callers.

"You shouldn't draw any conclusions at this point," Blackley said. The participation of Australia's current players in this year's tournament is still unclear, with the in-doubt Test tour of Pakistan set to clash with the IPL. However, former stars such as Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath and the soon-to-be-retired Adam Gilchrist will take part.
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/current/story/335886.html

blakegman

HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
no no, you don't give dismissals by giving benefit of the doubt. umpires have to be certain about it.

? what i meant was exactly that. i dont think even on replay it was conclusive. Umpire was correct in giving not out because there was doubt. maybe i worded it poorly

williamc

HSC
India's openening bowlers bowled very well with some assistance from the pitch which they took full use of. Would have been miraculous to come back and win the game from 6/70 or whatever it was.

blakegman said:
? what i meant was exactly that. i dont think even on replay it was conclusive. Umpire was correct in giving not out because there was doubt. maybe i worded it poorly
nar you didn't. wuddie is retarded. (unless u changed wording now)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
no symmo caught that. but i doubt the had full control of the ball when he went to ground, i wouldn't have given it out if i was the 3rd umpire.

anyway, comprehensive victory for the aussies. i think ponting is really overdue for a big inning, ie 80+. same as symmo. they both have struggled with the bat in the series and it would be great if they can turn it on against india on sunday.

bos1234

HSC
wuddie said:
no symmo caught that. but i doubt the had full control of the ball when he went to ground, i wouldn't have given it out if i was the 3rd umpire.

anyway, comprehensive victory for the aussies. i think ponting is really overdue for a big inning, ie 80+. same as symmo. they both have struggled with the bat in the series and it would be great if they can turn it on against india on sunday.
symonds put the ball on the floor u bloody moron
look on the replay u can clearly see the ball hitting the ground

aussies cheat their way to a victory once more

p.s. what a beauty of a ball by muttiah to get clarke ouot

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
yea, that's not biased at all.

symonds caught the ball, got his fingers between the ball and the grass as he fell. it is dubious catch but the fact that he got up straight away with the ball in his hand tells me he had some sort of control.

why are you so persistant that the aussies are cheats? is it because they are the world champs and yet again thumped sri lanka? world cup final, gilly getting a hundred, deja vu? anyone? no? ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)