• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Crime Fic Composing (1 Viewer)

Aimz- Lou.

If you really can't think of anything creative or original, then work at developing your writing style really effectively, so that you present a cliched idea really really well.

tennille

HSC
Take a look at a variety of crime fiction compositions; they might give you a few ideas on how to write a variety of crime fiction texts. Just be careful for the HSC. The composition might not be a story.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
I can do characters fine.

It's the crime part that screws me up. I can never think of a good twist or red-herrings or a tangible denoument.

GAH! I knew i should of dropped extension at the start of the year!

tennille

HSC
I was stressed about that as well during the beginning of year 12. My imaginitive writing for the HSC ended up being like CSI, lol.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
my formula is a mafia story with generic mafioso characters including a don, capo's and their families and then a hell of a lot of blood, rape, violence, sex and torture, in the most horrifically descriptive form i can think of.

gets me full marks every time. honestly, violence is the way to go, not parody.

HSC
I was actually considering going 'ulta-violent', but then thought...what it gets way too heinous? hmmm

I shall surely roll-over and die...in my own crime scene and in my own denouement everyone will realise how crappingly crap I am :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)