Crime Fiction (1 Viewer)

bridgy

HSC
Hmmm, I did not have a preprepared anything. Creative or essay. I used related material that I have NEVER read (Hound of the Baskervilles) and used about mmm 2 quotes in that fucked up essay. Oh and some critical commentary where I made up the critic and their quote. So just at a guess I'm going high band 6..... Yeh that would be pretty accurate. Actually come to think of it I didn't read any of my texts for advanced either. Woops. Hope that doesn't affect my marks. Oh and my 4 unit major work I finished the night it was due and handed it in to my teacher at 9pm because as long as you finish before midnight you're right. I mean sure I couldn't proof read it or anything but that doesn't really matter...does it? And I mean I couldn't really reflect on it in the Reflection Statement because I wasn't quite sure what it was about.But that's ok..right? All in all I would say that that is one dedicated approach to English. :)

nwatts

HSC
TheHeretic said:
I thought it was a tank. Though, for the sake of my story, I stated they were burning sacks of magnesium.

And no, I am not going to elaborate on that XD
Haha... yes you are!

Spill everything! :D It can't possibly be as bad/stupid/pomo as mine.

edgy

that was actually pretty good. much too specific for both, but not that bad. the quote had a major emphasis on plot and a contrived perfect crime, which reflects the cosy, but not the hardboiled, which is more about characters and values. then i contrasted! :D
(18 pages essay, 11 creative)

Blackroze

HSC
jenroxursox said:
i thought the picture was of a burning army tank thing... i dunno.. i couldnt fit anythin i had into any of it... i got into the exam an went blank.. it was so shit...
I thought it was a burning army tank at first thought too... mind you I think you could have made it out to be anything! I had my murders in an industrial type setting which the back ground seemed to indicate... Weird picture, you could hear the confused mutterings of my entire class (all 5 of us lol) throughout the creative writing section.

Last edited:

TheHeretic

nwatts said:
Haha... yes you are!

Spill everything! :D It can't possibly be as bad/stupid/pomo as mine.
Very well... A gangster rabbit uses his Colt Commando to detonate sacks of magnesium, blinding an army of body guards and one unfortunate, somewhat misplaced bride. The bride then runs frantically to an inevitable, well depicted death on a freeway.

nwatts

HSC
TheHeretic said:
Very well... A gangster rabbit uses his Colt Commando to detonate sacks of magnesium, blinding an army of body guards and one unfortunate, somewhat misplaced bride. The bride then runs frantically to an inevitable, well depicted death on a freeway.
They really should publish exemplar creative responses based on their comedy value. Gangster rabbits will always hold a special place in my heart. As will dead brides. :p

TheHeretic

nwatts said:
They really should publish exemplar creative responses based on their comedy value. Gangster rabbits will always hold a special place in my heart. As will dead brides. :p
Funnily enough, that was probably the most realistic scene in my story :)

jenroxursox

HSC
nwatts said:
I said it was a tank. No one got tank?
i got a tank.. like in a desert sumwhere an there were houses or a villiage in the distance... anyway my story woulda worked either way coz i said i parked my car behind a tank :p

nwatts

HSC
jenroxursox said:
i got a tank.. like in a desert sumwhere an there were houses or a villiage in the distance... anyway my story woulda worked either way coz i said i parked my car behind a tank :p
I see you're from Wollongong? It'd be safe to assume everyone then from Wollongong wrote about crazy ninjas and desert tanks?

tomcats 72

HSC
nwatts said:
I see you're from Wollongong? It'd be safe to assume everyone then from Wollongong wrote about crazy ninjas and desert tanks?
What creative imaginations you ppl from wollongong have lol

jenroxursox

HSC
nwatts said:
no.. lol.. close...nah this one chick in my class wrote the story of a murder from a cockroaches perspective... dunno how she fit the burning car/tank/ninjas

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Well that really sucked for me, I was prepared for a question on genre or a question on popularity but the inclusion of the text sent me packing. Wrote 13pages each. Story wasn't so bad, hardboiled fiction, the image was a missing painting which linked a missing buttler, murder, and a counterfiet art racquet in the last few paragraphs.

Shanan

Lumen Ex Tenebris
HSC
Hated this exam so much. The creative writting totally threw me, i made some crap story up on the spot. It was such a random picture, Board seriously screwed us.

Essay equally bad, again just crapped on, but even more so then the first question. I had no idea what the question was asking? i thought it meant the importance of protagonist thoughts, but got halfway through and just gave up.

Board of studies - what the hell r u thinking!

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Ohhh, thats exactly what i wrote Schroedinger. :) I didnt really like the question because i found it somewhat hard to relate to my Supplementary texts but generally, i thought it was easy to talk about, with my prescribed and what i had already studied. I just went on and on.

Thank god the BOS didnt make us do three prescribed texts or else i would of been screwed.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Yeahhh, i didnt think about that. It would of been so hard for people to adapt their pre-prepared essays to the actual question cos of the stimulus text and the whole "ideal perfect crime" scenario. Come to think of it, im glad too because i didnt prepare one and i actually had to think- which would of been better cos i would be linking to the question much more often than as oppose to using a pre-prepared essay.

hornbag_tom

in a mundane reality where losers constantly piss
HSC
Schroedinger said:
What, you mean setting an exam that tests your abilities rather than how to regurgitate a pre-learned essay?

That's what they're SUPPOSED TO DO.

I'm so glad they did it. I hope everyone with a pre-learned essay failed because of this.

i agree 100%, i am glad bored of studies actually made it somewhat difficult so that those with true talent and an understanding of the course can excel whilst those who just went in there with an essay they remembered are disadvantaged as they should be, some of you people should stop wanting things to be so easy, grow up and realise that not everything is fair nor easy

DCB2005

hornbag_tom said:
i agree 100%, i am glad bored of studies actually made it somewhat difficult so that those with true talent and an understanding of the course can excel whilst those who just went in there with an essay they remembered are disadvantaged as they should be, some of you people should stop wanting things to be so easy, grow up and realise that not everything is fair nor easy
well ive never posted in here before but i think your a dead set wanker.. how conceited are you hey... its an exam mate, get over yourself you gronk. i would hate to be at a party or anything with somebody like you..

nedzelic

HSC
essay: fucking hard
that fucking picture - or as i wrote in my story "there appeared to be a strange looking woman - seemingly out of a jane austin novel - standing in a field with a burnign reck behind her...
i fukced that test big time - 0/50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)